SRS I'm Bored.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bowrofl, May 8, 2006.

1. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Hi guys. I have a problem that is really getting me down.

I used to smoke a loooooooooot of weed. Well, not a lot in comparison to people I know, but a good 2-3 times a day, which is quite often. At the end of April, I thought to myself "I don't want to become a stoner burnout like some people I know, I need to get out of this." So I decided to take May off as a clensing month.

I'm a week into it and I'm just mostly bored of soberity. I have a hobby: music. I wish to produce and play my own album. It's a dream of mine. I want so badly to do it... however, when I pick up my guitar to practise, I usually get bored after 10 minutes and put it away. And inside, it kills me. Because I know the only way I'll become better with an instrument is by practising, and I seem to be even too "ADD" (for lack of a better term) to do that.

I'm 19. I'm looking for a job. I dropped out of college in Feb due to me not having enough interest in my program (Marketing) to want to persue it as a career. I plan on going back to school once I find my life calling. But for now, I spend most of my days doing nothing. I see my friends a night a few times a week, but other nights I just waste away in front of this monitor, or I read.

I'm really distressed about this. This post was written basically as a vent, as I kidna feel better already by getting this all out. But I do seek advice from you Asylum-guys, you always seem to have good advice I agree with. I don't know if it's a lack of motivation or something else, but I'm really lost.

2. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

To fill the space the weed was filling up, sounds like you need to find a hobby or something you just enjoy doing. Find something that looks like fun, and go do it!

3. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

it would obviously be quite boring doing stuffs alone... try looking for someone with the same interests. or join some sort of a group or some activities.

4. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I am trying to do that with music. I don't know if it's a lack of motivation or something else, but I just can't seem to practise long enough to become better at it. I'm suck at the "newb" stage of guitar. Maybe I just need some discipline...

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The power of your will has no ambition to feed it, nor a need to crush all the obstacles that are in your path to get there. You really need to kick your own ass to get something done.

6. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Maybe music isn't your thing? If you can only do it for 10mins then you drop it. Try exploring other options? What area do you live in, and what looks like fun?

This summer for me, so I don't go crazy over working 40hr/week and having nothing to do at night and weekends.
    -Get Motorcycle License
    -Golf
    -Sailing (I have a Laser Sail Boat)
    -Friends (Partying on weekends or just hanging out doing things)
    -Gym (Working out, getting bigger)
    -w/e else looks like fun...

7. teo

teo . => ? => !

Keep trying, and also keep on the lookout for other hobbies, too. If you were chronic, the weed probably hasn't worked itself entirely out of your system yet - you'll probably feel more motivated in a week or two. Go out and do random stuff for a day, just think up some things to do on the fly and go. The key here is to associate 'fun' to doing things while not stoned. You should never need to be in an altered state to have fun.