SRS I'm being kicked out of my house

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vitamin dew, Jul 5, 2007.

1. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

iballthatshit

Ok, so i'll give a little bit of background...or a lot of background. A bit over a year ago my mom started dating some huge redneck truck driver, Ed. He was kind of annoying, but it wasn't so bad, didn't see him much and she spent most of her time at his place(well, his parents) So I practically had a house to myself, I enjoyed it.

Fast forward a few months from them seeing each other. Money problems arise and my mom has to refinance the house, mortgage goes up and she can't really afford it anymore. My dad continues to be his asshole self and doesn't want to help out, so she puts the house up for sale. A few months go by, a couple people look at the place here and there, no buyers.

Fast forward to a few months ago, don't know exactly when, but it was after my birthday, so i'll guess sometime in March, we move into his parents house. So now we are crammed into a house with the following, Ed, his mom, his dad, my mom, myself. Every other week or so his oldest and youngest son alto live here. On top of that, 3 dogs and 5 cats. It sucks for awhile, but thats expected ya know? I'm going from basically living on my own, to having no privacy at all. But tat got a bit better and they started to leave me alone.

About a month goes by and they want me to get a job. Ed had been delivering news papers for the Miami Herald for a few weeks and started to teach me how to do it. I soon took over that job, and he began looking for another truck driver job(he just recently got his license back from a 2 year suspension).

Fast forward to about a week ago. So it's family reunion for Ed so his parents, himself, and my mom take a vacation and drive up to New York to drop off his folks, and then they were going to go to North Carolina for a friends wedding, and on the way back stopping in Alabama for who knows what. So they leave the house for me and his older son, Andrew, to watch. Not too thrilled about this, but whatever. So about 2 days into it Andrew asks me if he can take my car around the block for a few minutes since he drives a shitty Kia, I'm like sure just be back cause I have somewhere to go. He comes back about ~5 minutes later and starts talking about how my car is so fast and so nice compared to his. I'm like yep, you drive a Kia...and then he takes off somewhere with his girlfriend. So I hop in my car and immediately know theres a problem, the inside of the car smells burnt, my clutch pedal is extremely sensitive. Turn the car on, put it in gear...wow what do ya know, the kid burnt the fuck out of my clutch. Mind you, he "taught" me how to drive stick about 11 months ago and was ok at it. I ended up having to teach myself though. His Kia is stick, so thats why I let him drive mine. Anyway, he doesn't answer his phone and i'm fucking pissed. I call up my mom and tell her whats up and shes like "I don't know what to tell you" and Ed is in the background saying " He shouldn't hjave lent his car out" I'm like wow are you fucking serious? And I hang up. I guess they called up Andrew to see what happened and he tells them he didn't go racing or drive it fast it was like that when he got it. Well, if it was like that when he got it then he wouldn't have come to me saying how awesome and fast my car is, [​IMG] much?

Cut the vacation short. So a family friend of Ed's died and the funeral service was to be held in Tampa. So they drive to Tampa and have Andrew meet them there. I'm left to house sit by myself.

Fast forward to yesterday. They come back from Tampa and I'm talking to my mom, telling her how i've been sick for the last week and am not getting any better because I work every night,(delivering news papers is from 1:30am till ~5am...EVERY night) and tell her that my last day is Saturday and i'll get a day job. So then I mention my car and how I don't believe I should have to pay for it. Again, shes like I dont know what to tell you. I start saying how ridiculous the situation is and before I can finish Ed barges into the kitchen yelling at me with something like this, "I DON'T APPRECIATE HOW YOU ARE ALWAYS DISRESPECTING YOUR MOTHER. YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING AROUND HERE AND YOU ALWAYS HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE. I WANT YOU OUT OF THIS FUCKING HOUSE" I chime in, with "whatever Ed" and he continues "IF YOU DONT WATCH YOUR FUCKING ATTITUDE IM GONNA FUCKING BEAT YOUR ASS" and he storms into his garage. Meanwhile, my mom is just like oh stop...

About 15 minutes later. My buddy Mike is like yo wanna go light fireworks? I'm like sure but you gotta get me cause my car doesn't work. So he shows up and I leave. Few minutes later I get a call from my mom saying I need to move my car into the grass, so we turn around and I go. I gt in my car and it's even worse now, I can't even put the car in gear without it grinding at the clutch so I get out and i'm like how the fuck do you expect me to move it if it doesn't work. Ed yells over, turn off the damn car and put it in gear and i'm like, wow do you see how fucking ridiculous this is? Move my car and give my mom the keys because she says Ed will check out whats wrong. Right. So I leave and I get home later that night and see my keys on the desk and he took the house key off of it. Wow

So basically, i'm being kicked out of the house and my mom doesn't care. She's become just as big an asshole since she met this guy. I don't know what to do :wtc: If I can't find a friend to move in with then i'll probably be moving in with my brother(24) across the state in Ft. Myers

Oh, and i'm 19 years old.

2. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

........you really shouldn't have lended your car out. It really is your fault for the clutch being fucked up, because without your permission it never would have happened. and from your story im getting a vibe that your not the best person to live/deal with.

3. whippet_1

whippet_1 Active Member

How long was he out for. The clutch was prolly on its way out anyway. hard to believe someone can abuse it that bad in a short amount of time.

But it sucks dude, ive seen plenty of friend in this situation where the bilogical parent takes the their SO's side simply out of convenience

4. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I had a friend in a similar situation. He moved in with a friend (Their family just gave him a bedroom), got a full time job as a waiter, is currently putting himself through Community College, he also applied and was accepted into the Police Academy (I believe he is starting this November).

Also NEVER lend your car out unless it is to a trusted family member or if you are in the passenger seat watching them drive. If something breaks, the person you lent it out to is very unlikely to pay to fix it.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

time to begin the process of becoming a self-sufficient man

you sound like a spoiled brat, honestly

6. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

In 10 years you will look back on all this...
    you will say, 'My God what an asshole that guy was that Mom moved in with.'.
    Then you will say, 'Moving out was the best thing I ever did with my life.'.

Dude, things are gonna be tough. But tough is GOOD.

All that other crap, the clutch and all that. It is just crap. So what if you are right. What do you expect to do about it? Put it behind you and give all those people the finger by working for a better life then what they are living.

7. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

He kind of does. But some people need a good swift kick in the pants to get moving. Maybe this is exactly the sort of thing this kid needs to get out of the 'spoiled brat' stage of his life?

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

They say ,Not a good deed goes unpunished and i personally lend out a bike and got it trashed back, not the same costs but i get the picture.

Now is the time to beg to your mother to convince Ed to allow you back into the house, and tell her that you won't be disrespectfull to her(even if its not true in your opinion) and try to go back into the house. From there, get your car to a garage to get it fixed, you will feel better and once it is repaired, i would make steps to move out of the house, goto a place with a small renting fee, even if its small its a place for yourself where you can think about the steps that you want to make for your future, your mom and ed seem to care less about you,your accepted as long as you respect their rules, its not a situation you want to be in, since your mom is totally clueless about life, and ed can only act in a rage as an unmanagable solution towards whatever life throws to him in terms of his personal problems.

Admit it to yourself that there is no future in that house for you, and that its best to get out, and be on your own. Stick in touch here for continued emotional support, because i really feel that although physically you have to do this on your own, mentally we can give you support , as someone else noted the physical support might be from friends that you know that hopefully allow you to move in for a period of time, until you find a more permanent settlement. But everything points out that you have to settle out to have a place of your own.

9. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I don't think he sounds like a spoiled brat at all. Someone wanted to test drive his car, so he let them. And the person fucked the car up and the entire redneck family is refusing to take responsibility. Just deal with the car issue and then make sure you never let anyone in that house borrow anything again. You sound like your in a bind here, so just work through it and move out if you can. I hate redneck white trash people, so I would move in with my brother if I was you.

10. inyoeye

inyoeye huh?

not a spoiled brat. just move out and sue his ass. move on with your life, if she chooses Ed then let it be and just move on. Going to be hard, but your not getting anywhere living with them

11. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Spoiled brat? Wow. First off, I never disrespect my mother. Sure i've raised my voice, everyone has, but not in a disrespectful manner. Secondly, not the best person to live with? I do my part in this house after being forced to live here. Not to mention, I watched the house for 2 days by myself keeping it clean, feeding all the animals, etc. The way he spoke to me was disrespectful, and he is the one who is not the best to live with.

As for the car situation and lending it to a trusted person. Thats just it, up until this he was trusted, he semi taught me how to drive stick.

Thanks Dark.

12. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

13. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

i agree that lending your car wasn't the best idea, especially since he had no where to go with it and he was just driving it. Seems like a dumb idea.

Your home life seemed to be shitty to begin with when your mom started dating Ed. It sucks that she couldn't afford the mortgage, but why didn't she and yourself just move into an apartment where it's cheaper? But I guess it was her decision to move in with Ed.

If I were you, I'd move out as fast as possible, even if it is with your brother. If you have the money, do it. It's best not to even talk to Ed cause he's acting like an ass and obviously has no respect for you as his gf's son.

14. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

:dunno: I guess because it was even cheaper for her to decide to move in with him so she could turn off the water/electricity/etc while the house was for sale.

15. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

small update.

So the other night when they decided to take the house key off my set of keys I left the sliding glass door of my room unlocked when I went to work. I come home and check th side door which is sometimes unlocked to check if they left it open for me, nope, it was locked. Good thing I was prepared for that...anyway I go to sleep and wake up this morning to find the house key sitting on my desk. Had a long conversation with my brother over the phone while I was working, talked about moving in with him possibly. He found a 3 bedroom house over in Ft. Myers for 800/mo so that seems pretty good? I don't know how much things like that are supposed to cost per month. The house is packed right now since everyone got back, Ed, his parents, my mom, both kids, all animals, and myself. I've stayed in my room for the most part. They should be leaving for Alabama within a day or 2 and i'm gonna go to Ft. Myers to see my brother before I make a final decision. Theres are also 2 different friends that I may be able to move in with because I'd rather stay local if possible. But I will be moving out of here within a month, I hope.

16. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

dont lend ur car but look at this as a blessing. get out of that house. your with these fucking rednecks and nothing good comes from that. go move with ur brother if hes a nice guy. just get out. best luck to you

17. auto

auto New Member

Anything that forces you to get out and stand on your own 2 feet is a good thing. I wish you the best of luck.

18. Userdoesnotexist

Userdoesnotexist awww...doggah...

Honestly, he would've been screwed regardless...I guess if he didn't lent it, his car wouldn't have been screwed, but you think Ed would let it go easily? "you live in my house, blah blah blah, and my son can't even borrow your car?"

I honestly don't think he sounds like a spoiled brat at all...it's hard in situations like that, because no matter how much you try, it's never good enough, and bottom line is that you are under someone else's roof. They'll find something to bitch at you no matter what you do. hang in there dude...:hs:

19. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

I actually don't think he sounds like a spoiled brat. I said that I agreed cause I was thinking he might have just been going through a phase.
    Lets face it, at 19 you should be thinking about moving out anyways.

20. Drifter87

:werd: you also have your College Students who don't graduate until they are 21/22 and with their student loans need to live with their parents for a couple of extra years to get going.

21. Drifter87

Vitamin Dew, I am 19 (turning 20 in 3 weeks) and I am also learning not to trust people so much, even those you have known for a long time:o, I guess it is one of those life lessons you learn.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you :hug:

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

So your mom stood idly by while some douche bag threatened you? And not only some douche bag, but some douche bag that SHE'S dating? That's incredibly disrespectful on like 11ty different levels and I don't even know where to begin.

For starters, the ONLY correct reponse from your mom, aside from walking out on the spot, should have been "If you EVER speak to my son like that again, I'm gone."

That's pretty fucked up. I'd leave voluntarily if I were you.

23. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Definitely a lesson learned.

Well today when I woke up I found the house key sitting on my desk. I was in my room most of the day while they were home and around 9pm my mom comes in my room and tells me that Ed said he would do a "tune up" on my car if I went out and bought the repair manual for my car. So I was like ok sure if he thinks a tune up will fix it :rolleyes: So they left for Alabama, or North Carolina, or somewhere, for that wedding mentioned in the first post and they'll be back on Monday.

This is all good and fine, but a tune up is not going to fix my car. I don't see how he thinks changing the oil, filter, and some other shit is going to magically fix a burnt clutch :squint: But whatever, if it's gonna take me twenty bucks for him to realize his kid fucked up my clutch and is going to cost hundreds of dollars to fix...then so be it.

As for the moving situation, even if they decide to let me stay, i'll still be looking for a new place to live. I'll just have more time to do it. Most likely i'll be moving in with my brother over in Ft. Myers, along with a friend my friend Dave who I've known for 17 years. I'm going over there on Tuesday to check it out and such and will be there before the end of the month pending my cars status...

24. The Saggin' Nutz

The Saggin' Nutz New Member

seriously, this dude is a fucking loser redneck that lives with his parents....wow, get out and move on with your life