GUN Im becoming addicted...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KiddX, Aug 3, 2004.

1. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

my father loved guns, and he taught me to love them too, but he died when i was 10 and i forgot for a while. a couple months ago i bought my sig and something came alive in me. after shooting it, i want home, got out the cleaning kit and cleaned all of dad's guns... and took them to the range :) . its funny how you can forget about a feeling so good. but now, seeing my collection of my fathers weapons, and seeing my first gun, i want more. and i dont want them just because they "look cool", i want to get involved in this hobby and become a good marksman, and someday, i want to teach my children how to do the same. i also understand they are a good investment?

i find myself going to gun stores weekly, just to look around and learn. im also addicted to the range by my house :bigthumb: and i find myself wanting my own collection, i want to buy a gun every once in a while and learn how to master it, like my father did. and as it turns out, my GF's dad was a salesman for Colt!!!!!! :eek3: and she loves shooting too! her favorite gun? the peacemaker her dad left her when he died :eek3:

so my question is, it this normal, the feeling im getting? the urge to buy more and practice untill i master them?

2. JwM

JwM Guest

Not at all. I think it is both a good hobby, a good stress relief, and for you a good memory as well. Plus, it's better that there are more people out there learning about them, and teaching others, for we may not have the liberties with them we do now in the future. Hopefully that isn't so, but looking at things realistically.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

sounds like a gun nut in the making :big grin:

4. Painkiller

Painkiller The Synarchy of Molten Bones

I have BRD.

5. RealFastV6

RealFastV6 OMFGh4x0rzZ!!111

Welcome to the club. It's been... (sniffle sniffle...) 48 hours since I fired my last round... (cry...)

6. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

yeah, since sunday for me. i'm actually sitting here shaking from the withdrawal symptoms.

7. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

marry that girl

8. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

my ex loves shooting. but she hates firearms. she's totally anti-2nd amendment. oh man, i could make a whole thread out of that. oh, wait, i did. on arfcom.