MIL I'm back

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pakman, Apr 12, 2007.

1. pakman

pakman New Member

I'm sure you guys missed me :p

RangerAO, WLC at Camp Ashland sucked. I had decent SGLs as far as treating us with respect, but the training IMO was worthless. Everything was spoon fed to us. The dumbest person I had ever met in my life passed, she didn't belong anywhere near a weapon nor in the Army.

So how's everyone been?

2. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Its been just dandy.

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Yeah, I've seen shit like that several times since I got into the Army. I've asked several instructers why they continue to nurse such obvious morons through course after course even though they know full well that as soon as they graduate they won't remember a single thing they "learned". :ugh2:

The answer I usually get is "It's our job to impart knowledge. It's up to the soldier's unit to retain/promote/discharge him." To which I usually respond with "Information isn't knowledge until it is understood." Their reply is usually something like " :hsugh: ".

I liked WLC, but I probably wouldn't have liked it if I hadn't had the instructors I had. And it gave me a good introduction to Army rules/regulations/leadership style that I didn't get during basic.