I'm back on OT, a new problem.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by familyguy101, Jun 27, 2009.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I've been off of OT for about 6-8 months or so. I used to come here and complain all the time about my problems but for some reason I wasn't able to see any truth to the advice I was given so i would just ignore it. I think I have a clearer mind now so I figure i'll try again.

I was in a 14 month long relationship with my first girlfriend that ended about 3 months ago. I was an insecure asshole to her and she finally left me. Since hindsight is 20/20, I didn't' realize just how mean I was to her until after the relationship was over. I tried getting her back for a month after she broke it off with me. I finally gave up after I realized that she is better off without me since all I was ever giving her was an unhealthy relationship (Also she said she's started dating someone new). Today, I'm still feeling the blues but I think i'm finally starting to spring forward and move on.....hopefully never repeating the same mistakes with the next girl.

Problem: I'm taking an EMT course so I can become a firefighter one day. The class is going pretty good, except I met this girl in there who I'm pretty sure digs me. I got to talk to her a little and found out that she's living with her dad (I'm not sure what happened to mom), she has a boyfriend, and she is really close with that boyfriend and his family. I'm contemplating asking her out but I can't because of the following reasons: I feel like it's still too early for me, the class i'm in is kind of tough and I need to concentrate on passing, and finally i'm kind of scared of getting involved with her only to repeat the same mistakes and ruining her good relationship with her current boyfriend and his family.

I'll clarify anything. Please shoot and tell me what you all think. Thanks.

2. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

WTF are you talking about dude? the girl has a fucking boyfriend and you want to ask her out??!

3. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

4. D7

D7 OT Supporter

If you value a drama free relationship, you will steer clear of this.

For mental clarity and self-improvement, ask yourself why you are attracted to this situation. Statistically speaking, you're setting yourself up for failure.

5. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I wouldn't be contemplating it if she wouldn't be giving me signals that she's into me. Basically our class was broken up into groups on 2 separate occasions and we meet that first day and we flirted around the whole time. Ever since then she's been waving to me and smiling at me from across the classroom. Tells me i'm hilarious/gives me googly eyes/etc.

6. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

That' just it! She's seems cool and has a great body. I'm attracted to her, but the situation is attached as well. That's why i've been contemplating this. I've always had the WORST judgement, and i'm trying to clean it up. At least this time I picked up on some red flags ahead of time.

7. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

she told you she has a bf she is close with, if she really wanted to get it on with you, she would not say that to you. move on.

8. jonno

jonno New Member

she likes the attention and to her the flirting is harmless because she knows she has a bf. she's a tease...

9. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Ok, a little more clarification.

She didn't say she was close with him. She just made it seem that way because she apparently hangs out with him and his family a lot. In fact, one day she told me she's supposed to hang out with him but she's gonna blow him off. Then he freaked out and started calling her and texting her in class and she was like "look, he's freaking out!"

10. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

Fact 1: she told you she has a bf
    Fact 2: turns out she has a bf
    Fact 3: you love drama
    Fact 4: you will not take any advice here (again)
    Fact 5: I like cupcakes

11. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

Typically this is true, but I don't think it can be stated as an absolute rule. There are some fucked up women out there. But for the record I don't think he should do it.

12. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Ok fuck it. Advice taken and applied. Now if only there was some way to get her to stop hitting on me. It's annoying as hell.

13. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

:mamoru: I like how it wasn't annoying when you thought you were going to get with her.

14. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I was flattered, but it was annoying because in the middle of class when I'm trying to pay attention she would start kicking my chair, threw paper at me, and the smiling and waving kept distracting me. Now that I know i'm definitely not gonna pursue this I know she's gonna keep doing it. And then the more I ignore her she's just gonna try harder and harder.

15. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Tell her you need to concentrate and don't appreciate being distracted.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

17. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Tell her the only form of distraction you will tolerate from her is her flashing her tits.

18. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

High School thread?

Pursue someone when they're single if you plan on having a healthy relationship.