SRS I'm back :: ATTACHMENT TIME??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by livingdeadboy, Jul 5, 2005.

1. livingdeadboy

livingdeadboy New Member

Hey, after solving the last problem( read last post), a new one arose. While my girlfriend was sick, I was chilling with her friends at some goth clubs. We talked for a while, and a phrase slipped a friend's tongue:

"She[my girlfriend] had said once that she feels bad and unfair to you everytime you say 'I love you' or anything among the lines, as she says she can't really say that".

Now First i perceived it as that she doesn't care for me... She lost her virginity to me, had been my friend for a while, etcetera, can't be. Her friends agreed that that's not it.

The result was the fact that she is that she likes me, but is not emotionally attached yet to "love" me. I completely understood that, us going out only 2 weeks.

How long does it take to get attached in average, if you see the person on daily basis?

Thank you for your time.

2. There isn't really a way to answer this. It happens when it happens, and it sometimes doesn't happen at all.

3. johan

johan Active Member

1 day to a lifetime. Oh actually no I'm not being facetious.

What you're asking isn't measured in calendar time, but rather by emotional milestones, i.e. significant events or developments. Usually these take time to happen, but sometimes, it can happen quite quickly.

In your case...after all that's happened, losing virginity, being friends for a long time...but only going out two weeks...well it could be that she'll develop feelings.

But honestly, if it's a bit cool now, I dunno how much it'll heat up later on. Oh sure, it could heat up some, but I doubt it'll ever reach the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns kind of flaming passionate heat.

<shakes the magic-8 ball> .... outcome....DOUBTFUL

4. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice Active Member

I wouldn't say doubtful... some people just take a while to fall in love... it's perfectly natural... she clearly feels for you pretty strongly, and though she may not love you now... there is no telling the future...

Just keep being friends/dating... if it's meant to work out, it will...

and btw... don't treat her any differently knowing what you know now... if you love her, treat her that way... don't deny/hide feelings...

5. livingdeadboy

livingdeadboy New Member

Thanks guys.

I guess I'll just act as I did before. I am doubtful as whether I should discuss her feelings with her, to find out how far along the like/love line we are. I did stop saying I love you though, which I guess is a mistake stopping, since seriously, I should just express my emotions and live to the fullest instead of constantly pretending that I don't and hiding that I care.

Thanks again.

6. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Love is tricky and if it is meant to be it will be. Maybe she is scared to let her feelings go to you?

7. You can do your best and still lose. You might as well just give it all you've got, because if you don't - you definately lose.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well if she had sex with you, there must be feelings between you two, and she probably does like you,but is having a mood swing of doubt. Girls have them all the time, and i think you need to look more long term.