I'm back again :hs: v.gaveinandoboughtmembership

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Inferno, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inferno

Inferno New Member

:wavey:

Alright, so my original plan was to clear out the basement and turn it into a workout room, well that obviously didn't happen so I gave in and bought a YMCA membership.

I started doing 30 minutes of cardio, but I dont think thats enough cause I know I could do more, although at 20 minutes I look like I just got out of the shower :hsd:

The gym just got a whole new set of "technogym" equipment, so I was using that for a bit and trying to learn myself, although what are the rules to those machines? how do I know when I should increase/decrease the weight? how many reps? how many sets? anything else I need to know? when should I work out?

Also, the hardest part about loosing weight (for me) is eating right. I know that it's partly me, but I think its my parents fault also. They don't exactly buy the healthiest foods, so its hard to stay away from it when its right there, and when I'm very hungry I'd rather take a chocolate bar or brownie rather then making me a tuna sandwich or w/e. You guys must understand, how do I overcome this? And seriously, some of you ppl that are cutting eat like the same shit everyday :eek3:: Chicken, tuna, vegetables and water... I could never eat that shit everyday

I wish I was broly and I could eat like 4 eggs in the morning and a big lunch and dinner :wtc:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  2. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

stop making excuses. your post is full of them.

diet is the most important thing. If there is only shit in the house, and I'm hungry, I WILL NOT EAT unless its something healthy for me. If it takes another hour to make healthy food, I'll wait another hour. Eating healthy, however, doesnt take that long. Tonight I made myself a fucking badass chicken salad with 2 chicken breasts and some olive oil/balsamic dressing in 10 mihutes. Man up and have some self control.

3. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

:werd:

man up son

4. myndLess

myndLess New Member

b

I felt the EXACT same way when I first started my workout routine and diet plan... but u gotta force urself when first starting out... if you want it that badly, you'll be glad to eat egg whites for breakfast, a can of plain tuna for lunch, plenty of water, etc.
    As far as the junk food in the house goes, if there is nothing healthy to eat around the house, go to your local Dominion and pick some stuff up.
    My house is full of all kinds of junk food... the trick is to just buy the stuff yourself... you have to take control of your own diet.

Anyway, those are my two n00b cents :)

5. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

No struggle, no progress.

6. Inferno

Inferno New Member

:o

you make it sound so easy :wtc:

PLAIN TUNA? I thought you could at least eat tuna with lgiht mayo and salad on a whole grain slice of bread :eek3:

anyways thanks for the adivce

Now you guys need to answer the workout question :squint:

7. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

it is easy; i've lost 15 lbs since mid-may, and I eat every 3 hours. Eat small meals more often. You just gotta man up, read everything you can on F&N and elsewhere, and do what you gotta do.

When you work out, do 3-4 sets of 4-8 reps each. by the 8th rep, you should be dying. Lift heavy as fuck.

All of this stuff is outlined in the stickies and other threads; just read.

8. pt

pt New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. Inferno

Inferno New Member

I should be dying on the 8th rep on each set, or on the 8th rep on the last set?

:hs:

10. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

hahahahahahahahahaha 4 eggs

11. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

each set

12. Inferno

Inferno New Member

is that too many?

:hs: alright, thanks.

How many reps on the ab machine should I do?

13. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

bro you should see me at bob evans...and no 4 eggs is not too much....not even close haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.