I'm an idiot...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Scott7, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Scott7

Scott7 New Member

Well, this weekend officially sucked. I went to a Halloween Party Saturday night with my girlfriend and another friend. It's was a fairly big party (2 kegs, 50-75 people, all my friends). Anyway, as the night went on i started to feel more and more messed up. Before i know it, i'm dancing with some random girl in the living room, where every one was dancing, and i guess we were all over each other. My g/f saw me and came up to me and i was just so out of it. As soon as i saw her come up to me i was like "WTF am i doing!?!". She turned around without saying anything and stormed out. I went after her and my buddy got his coat and we left. She was crying and everything. I woke up in my bed and called her a few times but she was ignoring my calls. She is one of those really nice innocent girls. I finally got a hold of her and she said that it's gonna be a while before she can trust me again. We've been going out for a little over 4 years now.

So basically i screwed up. Sux, but i have to live with it. My girl has major trust issues too.

2. RockChick

RockChick New Member

While others will say "She is overreacting" or "Screw that bitch, you don't need that", I will say I totally understand her.

I get jealous easily but I don't act on it, just cos I'm not one of those girls that like to make big scenes. I get jealous, I get mad, I ignore the SO. Just like ur girl is... but I do not run away, nor do I make scenes or anything. That is how I am. I do have my reasons for it (my trust issues) and the SO knows it... it has something to do with our past.

Is there any reason she has those major trust issues? Has it something to do with you?

I'd suggest, leave her alone for a while, then stop by at her place (maybe buy some flowers if she likes that) and talk to her.

3. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

and thats why I get drunk... but not so drunk that i dont know what I am doing. find something nice to do for her to make up for it. 4 years is a long time, it takes time to build trust, so show her you want to keep it.

4. Scott7

Scott7 New Member

RockChick - I'm not sure why she has major trusting issues. I don't think it's from me. But you never know. I actually bought her flowers last night when i went to her house to drop off soem clothes and her bag.

Squirrel - That's the thing. I only had 4-5 beers that night. And that usually just gives me a nice buzz. The only thing i can think of is that i might of got a contact high from being in a room with a bunch of people smoking weed. I never smoke anything and never even tried. The room i was in was small and filled with smoke. And another thing that brings me to that is that i've never felt like that before that night. Even when i'm totally wasted. I don't even like to dance and i guess i was dancing everywhere lol And i never get hang overs EVER. Even if i drink myself stupid the night before. And Sunday when i woke up i felt like a train wreck all day.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Yes you did fuck up, and the fact that you were drunk is no excuse.

Maybe she does have trust issues, but apparently she has every right too. 4 years together and you get drunk and start dancing up on other women. What would have happened if she hadnt walked up? What if she wasnt there at all?

Those thoughts are probably running through her head right now...you have some serious making up to do.

6. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

well you know you F'd up, all you can do is try to regain her trust and make sure you don't do it again.

7. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

You are an idiot. And she has every reason not to trust you. There are few things more painful than having a loved fall off the pedastal you put them on. And you my friend, fell face down.

8. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

You know, they say that when we get drunk or high, our filter disappears and what we think or feel or want to act like is no longer suppressed. Maybe on some unconscious level, you want to be checking out the other babes. Maybe you've gotten bored and maybe she knows it.

Speaking from a long term relationship, if there is real honest security, serious groveling for such an offense should be sufficient. I remember several years ago, my good friend came to me the day after her graduation to tell me my husband had kissed her. She was all kinds of worried it would affect our friendship. My response? WTF was the stupid idgit thinking? And I about asked him that way too. He was messin with her and it had nothing to do with how he felt about me. No need for a crisis.

The fact is, we are attracted to people and sometimes, especially when we are feeling unihibited, we act on those feelings. You need to have a supremely confident relationship to not be threated. Ignoring our humanity often gives our primal urges more power than they should have.

You may have uncovered the tip of the iceberg, sweets. There may be more wrong here than you know.

9. strik9

strik9 Verbing weirds language.

weed normally makes u less social and makes u able to realize that u are drunk and cant dance

maybe that bitch laced ur drink

10. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

still having trust issues after 4 years is unacceptable to me. if youve been together for that long, she should at least let those issues go, unless theres more to this story than your getting into, especially if she hasnt even told you why she has them after this long.

i tell every girl i date that being
    drunk, stoned, tripping, rolling, fryed, tired, bored, hungry, or intoxicated in any way not mentioned here
    is NEVER in any way shape or form an excuse for any action ever.

so that being said, i have shit-canned my trust issues in favor of dumping the girl at the first site that there may be an issue of trust in the near or not so near future. you were dancing with another girl, you didnt kiss her, you didnt fuck her, she wasnt blowing you. what-ifs, cloud ones view of whats happening in reality and they hinder that persons judgment. what-ifs are fantacy land. i have had to deal with a lot more than dancing with some of the girls ive dated and as long as the other person is comming back to you then its cool. if she wants to break up with you over dancing then you may be beter off, especially due to the apparent lack of communication after 4 years of being together. if i were you id find out about her trust issues.

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Well, now that you know what drinking does to you, maybe you'll think twice before drinking in excess. There's nothing wrong with it in moderation, but you have to learn where your limits are (in other words, go ahead and drink but make sure you maintain the ability to have self control).

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

if you've never smoked weed, then i doubt you were high. Most people have to smoke A LOT to get high the first time.

Also, alcohol lowers your inhibitions, but it won't change who you are. You WANTED to do what you did, it wasn't the alcohol that made you do it.

13. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Agreed -- you wanted to, but the alcohol took away the control you would've had when sober to say "wait, no, this is wrong."