I'm an idiot. This we know. WTF is with other gym people

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by trancezj, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trancezj

trancezj New Member

I mean seriously.... I'm fucking stupid. I'm lucky if I can spell my own name right. But when I got interested in lifting I read some books and did some research and it's turned into an on going process. It doesn't have to be a passion, but at least know what the fuck you're doing. There's always been poeple in the gym who don't know what they're doing but it seems like the last month or so there's been 11ty more.
    a major rule for newbs to follow...

1. If you dont' know what muscle group a certain exercise is working......... you're doing it wrong.

2. if you can't list the major muscle groups (not even specific like "deltoids"), just shoulders, bi's, tri's, chest, quads, hams, calfs, back.... what the fuck ever, you should at least learn that. You don't have to be pre-med to know the basics.

3. Training arms every day will not get rid of your beach ball sized gut.

4. If you're not breaking a sweat or straining, you're not accomplishing shit.

there's some guys in there now that train arms every single day. Never seen them do anythign else until the last 2 weeks, and I've now noticed a trend. They day after I do certain exercises they've started doing them. it's like they pic a new exercise out of my routine to try and do it.

and the next mother fucker that says the word "tone" is gunna get some broken ribs and I'm going to spit tobacco in your eye.

/rant. actually no, I'lll think of more in a minute.

2. NoQuarter

NoQuarter New Member

My fav thing was when someone came upto me after a 405 dead for like 10 and asked me what i was doing it what does it work. After i explained it to him he looked at me and said, that cant be good for, it looks heavy.

My response was. "No shit look at me, i got all these friggin bumps and lumps everywhere. Im a freak now."

He didnt know if i was serious or not...he actually said and i qoute "is that for calves"

3. jonno

jonno New Member

4. trancezj

trancezj New Member

jesus... at my gym, it's rediculous. There's not that many big guys there but no matter what exercise you're doing if you've got more than 3 plates per side it's a spectical. Then you have to spend 20 minutes explaining shit to people.
    Last night I was doing DB incline, I'd already done flat BB press first so I wasn't even going that heavy, 90x10, 110x10, 120x8. My tris fail to fucking fast. But every set I'd get that "I'm being stared at look" and there's like 6 dudes just staring waiting for me to do it. It's distracting, I need to zone that shit out I guess.

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

pre-exhaust ur chest, bitch

6. iPod. i completely zone out with music, i dont even realize theres people there after a few good songs.

7. trancezj

trancezj New Member

:o I do that plenty. My problem is more of the fact that I rarely ever train amrs.

8. trancezj

trancezj New Member

fist off, fuck iPods. Second, I have a MP3 player but I can see them oogling in fucking mirrors.

9. i edited :o and im saying iPod, but representing any music player

10. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

"rediculous" is spelled with an i, "ridiculous" but yes you're horrible at spelling. i still think you're unique and beautiful in your own way. i must draw you

12. trancezj

trancezj New Member

rheadickqluss

13. jonno

jonno New Member

14. jonno

jonno New Member

trance and purevl in a spelling b...

15. jonno

jonno New Member

dood i juss wanna git hewj bro

16. trancezj

trancezj New Member

maybe if we teamed up we could beat out some 2nd graders. He can spell fine, it's the whole you're your were where we're shit he can't seem to get a man handle on.

17. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Next month will be painful. They should close registration for the first month of the year.

18. trancezj

trancezj New Member

one of these days I'm going to say fuck it and just build a good home gym.

19. jonno

jonno New Member

:werd: i'd love to do that but living on the 2nd floor in a condo isnt the best place :o

20. NoQuarter

NoQuarter New Member

the worst spellers/grammar people here happen to be the biggest and leanest, HA...thats right nerds, being hooked on phonix is killing your gains

21. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:rofl:

When I was lifting at my old apartment gym (like 2 years ago) there were some characters in there that no gym I've been to since rival. One guy was a little mexican dude. Like 5 feet tall, 110 lbs. Tiny little guy. I come in and see him squatting in the smith machine, you know, whatever you gotta do. Im friendly with him and and he proceeds to tell me how it's back day and I should work out with him. :hsugh: Back day huh? What the fuck are those squats for? <mexican dude accent>"They're for your back mayne" </accent> :rofl:

The other guy that was quite entertaining was a white dude in his late 30s. He would come in and do the most off the wall shit I've ever seen. Step ups onto a bar on a big ass machine, with dumbells in each hand, blindfolded and want me to spot him. How in the bloody fuck am I supossed to keep you from falling while you're blindfolded with a 20 lb dumbell in each hand when you're stepping 24 inches up onto an inch and a half square tube on a machine that's supossed to be holding a back rest. :rofl:

22. TheNiz

TheNiz Guest

me: "hey, 'scuse me. how many sets do you have left?"
    him: "Me? Six or so. You wanna work in?"
    me: "ummm... no thanks."
    him: "You sure? This machine is really blasting my arms and chest!"
    me: :confused:
    him: "Yes, it's a little akward kneeling on these pads, but after you get the hang of it... WOW!"
    me: "Sir, that's a..."
    him: "I've got a major pump right now!"
    me: "Sir... sir... that's a..."
    him: "Seriously, I'm about to throw on another 5 on each side. Feel the burn baby!"
    me: "Sir, that's a leg press machine."
    him: "..."
    me: "That's right, a Leeeeeeeeg press."

23. jonno

jonno New Member

:rofl: it's funny because i've seen some guys push the sled at my gym

24. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

I feel your pain bro!! This tool asked me to spot him with 135 on the bench. He then proceeds to do 5 1/4 reps. I asked him why doesn't he bring the bar all the way down and he says, "I don't want to get that big man"!!

25. jonno

jonno New Member

:bowrofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.