I'm already sick of my buell blast

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Cachee0, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Cachee0

Cachee0 OT's Technical Recruiter, Send me your resume

Should have gotten the Aprilla Torno:wtc:

I have already 1000 miles I have had it for a Solid month. The bike in a nut shell sucks balls. Has 0 power, gear box sucks dunky balls and I look like a gorilla at 5'9 sit on it but the worst thing about this bike is that it shakes like a stipper when you wave a dollar at her. It also sounds like shit the suspention is way to soft and it does not like to go over 65mph with out shaking like it's going to fall apart. WTF was I thinking. I have been searching for a 748 2002 or later can't find any near me. I know Ducati's are not as up keep friendly as other bikes but at this point that what I really want to get. I was thinking of a Buell x12scg but at this point I'm turned off by Buell and HD.

Fucken Buell:wtc:

Oh also speed bumps with a exhaust under a bike do not work well

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

should of got a SV

3. sofakingraw

sofakingraw New Member

hates life

4. keleko

keleko yes, he is

glad i was talked out of getting one

5. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

:werd: ...it's a bike though its should be a blast nonetheless right?

6. gyeagle1

gyeagle1 New Member

He is just one of those fine examples of " Other people learning from his mistakes "

7. 7960

7960 New Member

who buys a bike without riding it for a few dozen miles and putting it through its paces?

8. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

How many threads have there been about "the buell blast is a piece of shit, DONT BUY IT!"?
    I think there has been three in the last few months.

Simply put the Blast is a junk bike. Its built like a pile of shit. And runs like a pile of shit. And i certaintly wouldent use it as an indication of what the rest of their bikes are like.

Thats like saying "The Chevy Aveo that i bought, and spent pennies on, runs like shit, shakes like its about to fall apart when im on the freeway, and is a complete dog with no horsepower...what a fucking crock. I was going to buy a Corvette Z06, but after this Aveo, im done with everything Chevy".

Seriously, it makes you sound like a complete faggot.

You bought a shit bike, and you should have researched more before you bought it, and bought somthing else.

9. Cachee0

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time I only payed 2gs for it. I'll get that money back when I sell it.

10. Cachee0

The same cheapness is on the other buell bikes you can see it a mile away:wavey:

11. 7960

7960 New Member

Then why didn't you see it a mile away?

12. Cachee0

I just wanted somthing to get me around and relearn to ride I figured for 2K this we a good deal. And it still was just did not image that I would really not like it only after a month.

13. diaper eater

diaper eater OT Supporter

:werd: the controls on the handlebars on ALL buells are the cheap shitty ones found on the suzuki dr200 dualsport cheap pos that we had at our msf course.

14. Frequency

Frequency New Member

ive had 0 problems with mine.

and what year blast was is b/c any blast before 04 is shit

15. Cachee0

I have 0 problems with mine to. It rides fine starts right up and gets over 63mpg. I can do 70mph all day long, I just don't like this bike because it sounds like a lawnmower and has no power. Also the road feel is num and as much of advantage of having a muffler under the bike it's not good for a street bike. Oh and don't get me started on the brakes. From my reading its 2000-2002 which were the issue prone ones I have a 03.

16. joshts0

joshts0 Aprilia > *

aprilia for life

17. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Its a learners' bike. Its not built with performance, nice handling, or endo-like stopping power in mind. Its made to help you learn, be cheap to repair, and make sure you can get yourself out of the sticky situation that beginners tend to encounter. Jesus mate, Buell even states that as the objective for designing it. It wasn't expected to be kept passed 3k. Comparing it to Ducati 749 is like comparing an Geo Metro to a Maserati. They were designing to meet certain different objectives, and they do it well.

Also, the Blast reflects very little on the rest of the Buell line. They may use the same handlebar controls, but few similarities exist beyond that point. Have you ridden any of the other Buells? Have you lived with them? What gives you the right to bash an entire make? If you don't have personal experience, keep the fingers still.

Ducati makes a fantastic bike of you can afford it. Costly Valve adjustments every 6k doesn't do it for me, I ride too much.

Cheers. Let us know what route you take in the world of makes.

18. bmmikee

bmmikee New Member

I agree, I know somebod that has a brand new Buell....not talking crap about them because I like the way the bike looks but it just sounds like crap. I'm sure they are nice bikes overall though.

19. Cachee0

Yes I have ridden other buells also the service on the bike is not that simple as you assumed. I can adjust my own valves pluss you are checking every 6K the valves only replacing the shims when needed. Very easy to order shims that need replacing.

20. Frequency

Frequency New Member

sounds like crap? jsut b/c my bike doesn't sound like a weed whacker on crack doesn't mean it sounds like crap

21. 7960

7960 New Member

"sound" is subjective......it's like arguing over "best color." I like the sound of the screamin eagle mufflers I put on my motorcycle but my friend thinks his Honda (it's a CBR something or other) "sounds better."

it's not worth addressing issues of taste or preference.

22. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Which vehicle was this refering to?

23. Cachee0

I have ridden a Blast
    and x12scg

24. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

:rofl:

Id like to see womeone who is stupid enough to buy a Buell Blast, only to bash how shit it is, actually perform a proper Desmodronic Valve Adjustment.

That thing aint a fucking Honda, and Desmodronic valves arent exactly "easy" to check tolerences on.

I know motorcycle mechanics with over 30 years of experience that have wrenched on nearly every bike made int eh last 50 years, that wont even touch certain desmo ducs.

Fuck, im willing to bet you done even know what a desmodronic valvetrain is.

25. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Buells never require valve adjustments. In fact, the XB chassis has 50% fewer parts than an R1.

As mentioned above, the valve system on Ducatti V-twins is quite advanced. However, the rub is that its a very technical system. Service is not as easy as you perceive. Which is why I happen to hear of very few people performing their own maintenence on a Ducatti.

Everyone and their mom does their own service on Buells. Visit one of the message boards, everyone is a garage mechanic. Its just an easy bike to maintain-your Blast included. I fix the ones we use for our course, its a very simple bike.

Before I head out to work, riding a bike will give you an inkling of its feel, yet living with it for few days lets you really know its character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmodromic_valve

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006