SRS Im addicted to ambien

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paulie Walnuts, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I have been on it for about 4 years now. I am fully addicted, cant sleep with out it. Im out right now and took 4 unisoms two hours ago and nothing worked, Im not even tired.

Because of this I have been up nights just letting my mind roam and that eats at me inside. Work is the problem, I know that but there is nothing that I can do about it.

I did something really stupid on a business trip 4 weeks ago. I couldnt sleep, I took an ambien. Then another, then another. I was pretty out of it so I thought I wonder how it would feel if I took 3 more. I think deep down I was thinking that maybe it will just kill me and I wont have deal anymore.

How do I break the addiction?

2. tidalxwave

tidalxwave WWKD? OT Supporter

workout until you're really tired, and just try that everyday for 2 weeks (2-3 hours of gym activity 1x or 2x a day) then you should be able sustain a decent sleeping cycle.

3. ElectricJW

ElectricJW We are all ONE!

Why is it that you can't sleep? Do you keep having mental chatter while you are trying to sleep, and this causes you to not fall asleep?

4. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i used to have insomnia. i read "The Miracle of Mindfulness" by Thich Nhat Hahn fixed me up.

5. WiseOne

WiseOne roter Teufel

I have been taking Ambein since 2000 because of a head injury that left me %15 impaired and I have had to switch to Ambein Cr.when I take my nightly pills their is a blackout period about one hour later :hsugh:

6. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I've suffered with insomnia for many years...on and off. Mostly off thank God....but the first 1/2 of 2007 it was in full rage. I was constantly awake and no matter what I tried, I couldn't sleep.

My problems had to do with money, work and past issues that I had been lazy with and hadn't addressed. When I started addressing these issues, my insomnia has gone....thank God! I fucking HATE not being able to sleep.

And noone really understands until they can't sleep. It's like if sleep is the ground, I would fall till I was about 6 inches from hitting the ground...then hover for 6+ hours. I would eventually collapse and sleep.

To get off ambien, cut back and exercise. Then devise a plan to deal with your work. I've found that I can endure shitty situations if I have a plan to get out of them. What really torques me is when I don't have a plan and I feel stuck. I hate that.

7. Got Me SOM

Got Me SOM I'd win

Also eliminate all caffeine and sugars from diet. Exercise will help too. Stress is the big culprit.

8. SS_Fanatic

SS_Fanatic Platinum and Diamonds Member

I too find myself dependent on Ambien, I have been taking them for 6 months now and am also on a prescription of Lexapro to keep down the "mind chatter" at night. Recently, I have been going back to the gym and eating right. I have started sleeping better and am not taking the Ambien every night. The best thing I have found is to stop thinking about not being able to sleep, it'll stress you out for sure. I feel your pain, I really do. Good luck!

9. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i also used to just start writing in bed while i was falling asleep, or trying to. always looked funny the next day :eofl: