I'm about to lose it!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chuck11976, Mar 9, 2003.

1. chuck11976

chuck11976 Guest

How in the sweet name of Hell can I put Windows XP Home Edition onto my Harddrive that currently has Win2k Pro on it???
    Now here's the tricky part......
    Of course Win XP will not install over Win2k, no prob, understood.
    I cannot simply put the WinXP disk into my CDRom drive because the boot order is A, C, D, and F, and therefore, ,it will always read the C drive first.
    I could change the boot order IF I could get into my BIOS which I cannot. My BIOS is a blank screen with a flashing cursor at top left which I can do nothing with. It will not move. I have a slave drive with no OS but I don't see how that would help in any way whatsoever. So then..........any suggestions AT ALL WHATSOEVER?! This is REALLY frustrating!! Please help a man on te brink of computer drop-kick!

2. doogietang

doogietang FTW

windows xp boot disk?

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

:uh:

Disconnect the master drive. The slave drive will be the c drive. When it's all setup you can go ahead and plug the drive back in and change the boot.ini file in W2K so you can switch between the two.

Changing the BIOS would be helpful, but it sounds like you could do everything with a bootdisk or what I just said if you want two OS's

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Actually the the computer will only skip the HD if it doesn't exist in this case. Otherwise it will just present a nice disk fail message. Press a key to reboot.