SRS I'm a total bitch today v. Christmas

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Cerridwen, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I *HATE* Christmas. I hate the fake 'happy family' time that goes along with it. I don't neccesarily hate my inlaws, but I could think of better things to do with my time than to be with them and wasting money on presents that aren't appreciated.
    I'm such a total bear today.

edit: It's really stupid to be arguing with my spouse over what goes in the Chex Mix too, and I hate that I feel like I have to be this perfect wife when his mom is concerned.

2. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

My prayers are with you that you find happiness.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I need to find some patience today more than happiness, but thanks ;)

4. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

I've seen you give lots of positive, loving comments to others on this board. So I know you definitely have a loving, patient person within you. Bring it out for the Holidays! :)

5. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

happiness for you :)

im alone for christmas. :( i want to see my ex.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:hs::wtc::hs: You're right. Absolutely right. I seriously need to find that today.
    Thank you.

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:love:

I'll talk to you later on, okay?

8. teo

teo . => ? => !

:hug:

I made presents this year, washcloths for everyone. Making gifts myself costs less than buying off the shelves and is generally more appreciated for the effort. I know what you mean about materialistic people though... I take comfort in knowing that the true spirit of Christmas is in the giving and I try to share that with everyone. I'm working on sharing that feeling year-round... it makes me feel good. :)

9. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I agree with you on the presents part. I don't think we should have to go out and spend tons of money on people just because it's "what you do" for Christmas. I told my friends and bf not to bother with the presents stuff because I don't care about it. None of us have a ton of money to throw around anyway so there's no need for it. I still do the whole dinner with family thing but there's only one other relative left around here besides my mom, dad, and brother so the dinner isn't anything exciting either :hs:

10. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Just wanted to say that Christmas was actually really nice. I found some patience, got over what I was mad about and actualy had fun.
    Thanks everyone!

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

:hug: Merry Christmas white =)