MIL Im a newbi in here and just want to talk to a recruiter.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fusion, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Fusion

Fusion OTSS FTW OT Supporter

Please PM me

Thanks

2. evan2

evan2 Guest

no cody's allowed in my af

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

How about you just post your questions...?

4. Kazzander

Kazzander I only got this for the search.

You have a PM from me.

5. Fusion

Fusion OTSS FTW OT Supporter

no af for cody

Just want to know about ARMY Officers. What do I have to do to get the ARMY to pay for my school.

:)

6. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

rotc

7. Kazzander

Kazzander I only got this for the search.

This is one of those few things that varies a bit from service to service. As Insdav3 said, ROTC is one way. However, that may not be possible/available to you. There are several different programs the Army has to offset or completely pay costs for college tuition, and generally, the more the program pays, the more stringent the requirements are and the more competitive it is to get. I worked as an enlisted recruiter, and while I was aware of all the officer programs available, I didn't know all the specifics for all of them (after all, that's why there's an Officer recruiter).

If you don't already know where an Army Officer recruiter is at or how to get hold of one, go to your nearest enlisted office and tell them that you are interested in speaking with someone about officer recruitment. A good recruiter will ask you some basic screening questions just to see if you're basically qualified for service before he sends you to talk to the officer recruiter -- go ahead and answer the questions. Just be aware that if the enlisted recruiter gets an impression from your answers that you might not be qualified to become an officer, he's going to mention enlisting first and then using one of the Army's available Enlisted-to-Commissioned programs. He's not bullshitting you; they exist and are used regularly. The trick is, if you do end up going enlisted first (for whatever reason), you have to actually USE the program in order for it to work. For some reason, there's lots of future magna cum lauds in the enlisted force (those of you who are in, you KNOW who I'm talking about) that just figure the program, degree, and commission are just going to fall into their lap.

I hope this helps. If you think I didn't answer your question fully, let me know. If you have any other questions, just post them.