SRS I'm a miserable fuck.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sirc, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Why:

- Girlfriend of 3 years breaks up with me for stupid reasons. I know it's because she's afraid of commitment and because she's an attention whore and wants lots of attention from people who won't give it to her because I was her boyfriend.

- Friend who killed herself 1.5 years ago keeps coming up in dreams.

I don't know how to get out of this rut.

2. ImNoSnowWhite

ImNoSnowWhite New Member

how long have you been split from your ex?

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

it takes time bro... you will learn to appreciate what you have and the things you will have in the future, and learn to regret/resent less about your past.

4. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

It's been going about 3-4 months now.

I think it's because she's the first girl to ever break up with me, I always have been the one to break up before. Also because she was perfect to me in every way. I feel like I just wasn't good enough for her.

I'll get over it I'm pretty sure. I just need to take it one day at a time.

5. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

She's not so perfect for you if she doesn't want to be with you bro. Plus, she's not scared of committment, that's just her excuse. She didn't want to settle down with you. Shrug your shoulders and move on with life. There are tons of better women out there who would be happy to date you.

6. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Thanks man. :love:

7. It's time to throw a party, he said something positive. :bigok:

8. A girlfriend leaving you shouldn't bother you in the least, she offed herself for you, so you don't have to get rid of her. Be glad she did the hard part for you. She didn't deserve you from the start and doesn't deserve you now.

With the friend who killed herself, it is tough, but remember your friend is in a better place now, and is having a better time than she did before.

To get out of this rut, stop putting yourself down and be glad you are blessed to be alive and breathing.

9. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

The first break up is always tough, especially a girlfriend of 3 years. It will get better though, time is the only thing that heals that wound, and if you have some good friends, definitely spend as much time with them as possible.

I just got out of a 2 year relationship, so I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Keep your head up, it will get better! :hug:

10. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

holy crap, we're wearing off on him! :eek3:

11. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

Being dumped is never easy. Rejection, hmmm...who likes it?
    Being rid of an "attention whore" smart. Who needs the angst?
    Maybe you were too good for her, at least you sound like you have depth.
    Dreams are odd things, there are various schools of thought about them, my best advice is to take them for what they are...dreams...and look upon them as free movies at night.
    Get busy, don't wallow, and know that you are okies.

12. deviant critter

deviant critter New Member

for the friend who killed herself and keeps coming up in your dreams:
    if you blame yourself, you have to face it. therapists will be all "don't blame yourself" but it's not that easy. at the risk of sounding callous when i really don't mean to, i've found the best thing to do with that is to just to find it in yourself to carry the issue and hope eventually you'll be able to lay it down somewhere.
    if it's not because you blame yourself, then is it because you saw some of yourself in her and it scared the living shit out of you?
    and yeah, sorry if these are all totally off base. just a shot in the dark.

13. lycorisdew

lycorisdew New Member

o man..wen u finally realize wut its like to NOT hav an attention whore yapping at ur knees it'll b such a relief. least now u learn not to dat one of those bitches.
    as for ur friend, visit her grave. the silent connection there mite do u good n reconcile some wordless troubles.

14. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Thanks everyone.

I've been working a lot and spending time with some good people. Met a really great girl last night. She seems interested, I'm supposed to see her next monday for a date-ish type of thing.

Thanks OT. :love:

15. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Sorry about your friend. Remain strong and remember her fondly.

As far as your girlfriend, don't make excuses for her. She's not afraid of committment, she doesn't want a committment. Girls are a lot stronger than guys give them credit for. She's not going to break up with a guy she has a high interest level because she has attention seeking issues or a fear of being with someone she want's to be with. If she had a high interest level in you, she'd be with you. If she told you that's the reason it's a BS excuse and a common one at that. The fact of the matter is that she chose this route because it was preferable in her mind. It's what she wanted. Girls do this if their interest level in you is low, not high.

16. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Right on! Good luck!

17. Letstalkalittle

Letstalkalittle New Member

you get rid of this negative energy and you should be fine.

18. Zebraman

Zebraman New Member

i've had this kind of shit: stay awake for 2-3 days, and then hit the hay on the 3rd and you'll sleep like a baby, you'll probably forget your dream once you wake up so it wont matter what you dream, and you'll be so happy you got a decent sleep that you have nowhere to go but up. Also: read a book, get your mind off of things...