GUN I'm a horrible shot

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RMarks, Mar 10, 2007.

1. RMarks

RMarks New Member

2. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

Hey, same here with my G23 It's my trigger pull -- Like today, I can cock the hammer back on my friend's .44 and group all 6 rnds

But, since my trigger pull is screwy and I'm not using the right tech, all my shots with my G23 are low and to the left

3. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

i havent gone shooting in a year. i finally went the other day. i was either down and left or down and right. between 3-6inches from where i wanted to be

4. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Yup, sounds like trigger pull with a little flinching thrown in. Nothing to be ashamed of, I showed up at a class a few weeks back and started flinching for no reason. Caught it, worked on my trigger control and it went away.

I'd try LOTS of dryfire at home. Unload your gun in the other room, leave ammo there to be safe. Check that it's unloaded, check again, and again.

Align the sites on something and remove the slack from the trigger. Then start increasing pressure on the trigger until the gun goes off, it should "break" randomly and not when you're expecting it as the increasing pressure can take 1-3 seconds. Then hold the trigger back and realign the sights. At that point keep holding the trigger back, reach over the slide and rack it. Then when your sights are back aligned release the trigger just enough that it clicks. Then repeat.

Do this a few thousand times and you'll be shooting great. I also make this my final range drill before I go home, but with ammo. It's called a trigger reset drill. Every single shot should have 2 sight pictures. 2 shots should have 3 pictures. Sight, BANG, Sight, reset, BANG, Sight

5. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Get a little pellet pistol, and practice. There is nothing cheaper to shoot, and you can practice trigger control, sight control, natural point of aim and breath control. When I was on the High Power rifle team I spent more time shooting .22lr and pellet rifles than my AR, and I was shooting master scores. All it takes is practice.

6. RMarks

RMarks New Member

yeah I have a Wather P22 that I'm decent with. Still seems like I pull all my shots right

7. el capitan

el capitan New Member

look at my av i had the same problem when i got mine. i did the dry fire practice and it helped alot. i need to shoot up a new target and change my av.