MIL I'm a coastie!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wery67564, Jun 10, 2007.

1. wery67564

wery67564 New Member

Well,

finished basic and finished my quals at my first unit (TRACEN cape may). Thanks for all the help OTer's gave me before going out it was much appreciated, but as I learned almost useless...

wery67564

2. wery67564

wery67564 New Member

Yah, I love it, the only problem is my first unit isn't "the real" coast guard, I am basically one of the SN's in charge of the recruit training band, and that stupid MST list looks waaayyyy too long for comfort...

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Congrats

4. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

damned puddle pirates:mamoru:

5. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

Grats wery!

Hopefully you get some time in the field before going to a school. I'm not surprised that the wait list for MST A school is still long. =P I think I changed my mind on what rate I wanted to be about 4 times before I decided on TC (now OS). Being seaman on a 378' for a year right out of boot camp was the best thing for me. It really lets you see what your rate does at its extreme.

Good luck in your first year, it is usually the hardest.

6. s3rca

s3rca New Member

Congrats , what company were you ?

ive got my own opinions regarding your billet but i'll keep them to myself . im assuming its what you wanted so im happy for you . try to go to a boat after you get out of a-school , unless you actually go MST ( many change their mind during the long wait for that school ) . like bloodred also said , i think having a 378 as my first unit ( as a firemen ) was the best thing for me .

7. wery67564

wery67564 New Member

Regarding my billet, it sucks, I'm trying to transfer out to a yeoman pos. on base and then mut. exchange out to a ship. The fucking seamen who said it was a great choice told me later that chief won't let them say anything but raving reviews. My chief stinks, the job stinks, I know its not the "real" cg but wtf can i do? anywho, I was in x-ray 176, and as far as MST goes I already have all the material from the A-school (my aunt is MSTC) and I'm 100% sure it's what I want to do.

I wish I was on a frickin' boat, i can't even call myself a puddle pirate, I'm a lowly landlubber :(

8. wery67564

wery67564 New Member

fuck miami

i grew up in florida and i absolutely hate it, flying cockroaches, musqoitoes, and old people.

And another thing about Miami is most people seen in uscg uniform are mugged, shanked or gang rapped being that we interdict all the cubans trying to get in. They HATE us down there...

9. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

10. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

Let's not forget severe water shortages, love bugs, that lovely reclaimed water smell, 8 months of horrendous humidity, and quite possibly the worst drivers on the planet.:fawk:

Congrats on the CG!