I'm a cell phone newb... TracFone Prepaid card users help me please!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by m4m4 l0n9, Dec 27, 2004.

1. m4m4 l0n9

m4m4 l0n9 Active Member

I have a Motorola 120t (yeah I know, it's old and busted :o ) and I've got a prepaid card, I typed in the ESN number then it gives me the following error:

The serial number (ESN or IMEI) that you entered is already active. Please enter a different serial number (ESN or IMEI) or click on the add airtime button.

Does that mean my cell is active now? I click the 'Add Airtime' link, then I type in Airtime Pin number, then it gives me the following message after I submit:

The following error has occurred.

The Airtime redemption card PIN you entered was not valid.

Please call the TracFone Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183.

That's such horsecrap!! :mad: I KNOW it's the correct pin number!!! :rant2: I'll just have to call on Monday and hope I get through to anyone. The lines were busy all this weekend and I never could get any assistance. I know it was Christmas but still, even on a Sunday (today) I couldn't get through all day. :ugh:

I hope it's not using any of my minutes , but it shouldn't since I haven't made any calls or recieved any calls.

And what does this mean?? I get this message when I turn my cell on:
    Airtime Card Due Date: 1/1/1

:confused:

Also is it good to keep turning on and off your cell phone? I've been doing that I hope I don't wear something out.

Thanks. :hs:

2. m4m4 l0n9

m4m4 l0n9 Active Member

AT&T's customer service FUCKING SUCKS!!!! Lines still fucking busy!!! :ugh2:

3. m4m4 l0n9

m4m4 l0n9 Active Member

okay I got it all figured out now. :o

I have 20 Units, but I have a 40 minute TracFone card. Shouldn't it be 40 Units???:confused: