SRS Im 99.9% certain Im going to get fired

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Jan 1, 2007.

?

what do you think I should do?

1. Quit now - just email her, she doesnt deserve your time

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Hold out, in case you dont get fired

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. Quit now, but do it in person

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. other

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

The big question is should I just quit? I have 4 days off until Im in next, it gives me some time to think it over about what would be best for me to do. Its over such a stupid minor little thing too. my god, its so pathetic...

But since the highest up boss doesnt like me (nor do i like her either). In fact we hate each other, but I at least dont show it - I'll still say hi and so on, whereas she will just give me the "talk to the hand bitch." So its like whatever, if she wants to be that way and treat me like a piece of shit, then thats her problem. I figure why keep me here?

she doesnt trust me at all - even has instructed people to watch me for when shes not here. FOr pete sakes, why not just attach a fuckin spycam to me everytime I enter and leave the buiding - christ!

so basically, I will be fired because I left 10mins early yesterday, in which it was only 5 going by my watch. But apparently my watch was 5 mins ahead from the time here and I didnt know that. So woopdie doo - if they want to make a big fuss over this, then so be it. Here we have other people surf the net all day, just sit here and do nothing but pick their nose and talk non stop with coworkers, show up an hour late every shift, take a smoke break every hour, and yet they never get in shit for it? Whatever...

One of the supervisors was in yesterday when I was here and noticed it and immediately emailed me asking why, and I noticed it was also forwarded to the high up boss as well. I knew right then and there, its over. I know them two by now, and this one supervisor is the others goodie tissue.

And just for the record, ive always left 5 mins early everyday - a lot of people do this and they dont have a problem with it (otherwise they would have brought it up by now). But yet I accidentally left 10mins early because my watch was 5 mins ahead and they are going to can me over that? Whatever...what a crock of shit, I dont even wanna be here anymore.

I can tell she has been aching to fire me for some time now, she's just been waiting for the littliest thing to come up so she has a reason. *rolls eyes* They treat me like scum, and I dont need this fuckin bullshit in my life right now.

So what do you say? Quit now? Should I even bother telling her in person? I say just email her - since she treats me like a fuckin piece of shit, why bother even going in or calling. Fuck this bitch!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

If you were truly a good, hard worker, she wouldn't have any reason to dislike you.

Leaving 5 minutes early is a shitty thing to do. I don't care if every other employee does it too....it's leaving work early.

You're making excuses and blaming everyone else but yourself.

When I leave work, I am always 15 minutes early, and I leave 5 minutes late. Everyone knows I am a very hard worker.

Just because everyone else does something doesn't make it's okay. It just makes you like everyone else, which means you're not a better worker than everyone else, which is what you should be trying to be.

Get mad at me or whatever, but YOU teach people how to treat YOU. You control the way things happen in your life, so stop trying to be such a victim!

3. JakobwithaK

I see where you are coming from, I really do. I will admit, yes I have made mistakes, but there is major favourtism in my workplace. She has her favs and she will pretty much let them get away with anything.

You see, going way back when I first met her (or wait I never officially met her, since she never bothered introducing herself). I had no idea who the fuck she was until 5 months into my job, and this was the case with many others! She is just a downright bitch. Personality wise, inside work, outside work, etc. She dont know jack shit in how to properly run a workplace - there are so many people who intentionally show up half way into their shifts. They dont get in shit, and you know why? Back to the favourites in the workplace. :rolleyes::greddy:

I dont know, i need to catch a breather, just talking about her makes me sick to my stomach :wtc:

4. johan

johan Active Member

Go ahead and quit. The sane thing to do is find another job and then quit, but you've been given this advice the last time you asked this question.

So go ahead and quit.

You don't like them.
    They don't like you.
    You don't like this place.
    You have no respect for this job, hence your poor performance.
    They have no respect for you, based probably more on your performance than for the "personal" reasons you indicated.

So go ahead and quit.

5. JakobwithaK

youre not being sarcastic are you?:o

6. johan

johan Active Member

You've asked the same question before, on the same situation, and received the same advice.
    And here you are still at the same crossroads.

Which suggests you're not asking for a solution, but rather support for the decision that all your posts are subtlely favoring.

So..here it is. Go ahead with your plan.

Pretty much everyone gave you Option A repeatedly, which you don't seem to like.
    So go ahead with Option B. It won't matter much either way.
    Simple as that.

7. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

If you put your two week notice in they might not fire you. Companies dont like to fire people because they can A have to pay unemployment for the person and B it just makes their turnover rate higher.

8. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Stick around, they may not fire you. But if you are so miserable there, start looking for another job so you CAN leave without worrying about being unemployed. It sucks that your boss has it in for you, someone at my job has it in for me and always reports stupid shit to my boss that doesnt even concern them. They even make shit up so he'll talk to me (he tells me he has no problem and he just promised to talk to me because the asshole went to HR to complain??!). You just gotta suck it up and look for another job. Firing you over leaving 10 minutes early is bullshit, especially if tons of other people are doing that and worse.

9. mg

mg OT Supporter

you're doing it again... you're blaming other people and making excuses...
    whose fault is that?
    why didn't you just introduce yourself to the people in your work environment?

10. mg

mg OT Supporter

:werd:

11. JakobwithaK

havent given any notice, and for all i know...she could care less about me giving it. Theres a new crew starting this upcoming week

12. JakobwithaK

:hs:

13. JakobwithaK

I knew just about everyone in the workplace. Nobody knew who the hell she was - since she thinks shes owns the fuckin world and can walk around with such an attitude.:greddy:I dont care who you are, you should always introduce yourself to knew staff, as they are training. Every other manager did, so why not her?

14. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

If she's high up on the ladder she doesn't have to do anything. You are going to find people like this at every workplace, so you need to learn how to deal with it. You could have walked up and introduced yourself to her too, so it's not all her fault. Maybe she is shy, or has a hard time meeting people, or is just stressed out. You have to remember when you are starting a new job the managers and existing staff are just as nervous about meeting you as you are about meeting them.

I had a similar situation when I started a new job a few months ago, there was one guy I had no idea who he was, but I'd see him a few times a day. Finally I walked up and introduced myself, turns out the guy is a senior VP from corporate who oversees everything we do and is about 4 steps above our director of Finance, he now knows my name and makes it a point to say hi and talk for a little bit every time he's here. You have to take the initiative on some things, just the way it works.

It sounds like you need a fresh start, when you find a new job do NOT leave early, surf the net, or do anything you shouldn’t, I don’t care who else does it. You want to make a good first impression.

15. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

And just to add, if you quit, do it in person like a man, don't pussy out and just send an email. When you quit, act professional, don't mouth off about how horrible they have treated you or that you think she's a bitch. How you leave is just as important as how you start.

16. JakobwithaK

Right now I am still undecided on whehter I should quit come Friday morning or let them fire me. But if I do choose the first option, what would you say?

Trust me, I do not show my emotions at work, I am very good in controlling it. Ask anyone I work with, and they will tell you I carry a positive attitude in the workplace. I absolutely hate this bitch to death, but I gaurentee nobody can tell because I dont show it - jut how I was brought up...one of my strengths. I say hi if I run into her, I dont shove my hand in front of her face, like she does with me and make it so blatantly obvious.

So of course im not going to mouth anyone off or do anything stupid. I always stay professional about it (though I know it may be hard to believe from reading this thread). But remember, Im thinking internally right now, doesnt mean I act this way in person.

17. 7960

7960 New Member

what do YOU want to do?
    oh, there it is.

quit since that's what you really want to do anyway.

18. JakobwithaK

What do I want to do? Well, for one...not being treated like im in some penatentary state prison would be nice. And it would be nice if everyone had equal rights, but it obviously aint the case here.

19. BradUF

BradUF Guest

It is better to quit then get fired. Some places will treat you like they hate you because they want you to quit and not fire you. Getting fired does not look good.

20. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

This guy doesn't really want to quit. He wants to keep his job so he has something to bitch about, and The Asylum gives him a pool of ready and willing volunteers to comfort him. The advice being given here is sound, but he's going to do what he wants. Let it go.

21. 7960

7960 New Member

That's not what you want to do, that's what you want SOMEONE ELSE to do. You have no control over other people...only yourself.

So, what do YOU want to do?

22. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You should QUIT. Go in and do it IN PERSON. It will be one step in improving yourself in the job setting. Sitting around waiting to get fired is a weak move. You're not doing ANYTHING to be remotely in control of your situation.

Then, when you get your next job, don't repeat your mistakes. Don't surf the net all day. Don't leave early every day. Don't bitch and complain about things that are entirely under your control.

You're most likely getting fired because you're a lousy and/or unprofessional worker. Your posts come across of you having an attitude of always being the victim. I'm guessing this kind of attitude shows in other ways at the work place.

Stop sitting on your butt and complaining, and actually get up and DO something to improve your situation. Start exercising some control in your life.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If you get fired, it will be easier to get unemployment. I know from experience (I quit).

Being fired = you can probably get unemployment
    Quitting = You will have to be interviewed first, and then they will interview your old boss as well, and then some person at the unemployment office will make the decision for whether or not you will get unemployment.

24. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Quick question, how old are you? Some of this reads as having the maturity level of a sophomore in high school. If that's coming across in a post on an internet forum, I can guarantee it's coming across in the workplace too.

Face it, you're not acting like a mature adult. Instead of confronting and dealing with your problems, you're blaming others and avoiding the issues.

Maturity is a necessity to make it in the adult world. I suggest you work on that while you look for another job.

25. thetuna

thetuna Mark Zussaman

Resign, it looks MUCH better on a resume than getting fired or qutting.