I'm 90% sold on a Powerbook.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Jul 8, 2005.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I've been a PC guy for 12+ years and I've wanted a Mac for years now. I just sold my laptop and am very close to getting a Mac. The only 10% holding me back is not being able to find some PC programs for Mac.

Example: I have poker tourney's somewhat regularly. There's poker tourney director software for PC that I REALLY like and there's no chance I'll be able to find the same software for OSX.

Are there any programs for OSX that allow me to run PC programs? Does it work pretty well or is it iffy?

2. Snotfist

Snotfist I am the Urban Cowboy.

it is iffy too.......

If you want to run Windows use a PC.

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

I don't remember saying I'm going to miss windows. If I wanted to, I'd buy another IBM compat laptop.

I can find all the software I use regularly for Mac. There are a few things I use once and a great while that I might not be able to use. This is what this question is about.

4. rpark

rpark New Member

VirtualPC is put out on the market by Microsoft. Surely they know how to write an operating system emulator.

The only thing that it doesn't do so well is things that require DirectX or other graphic heavy programs.

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

I haven't used Virtual PC but have heard good things about it.

6. verbal

verbal Active Member

With VirtualPC, are you able to use terminal services / remote desktop to connect to other PCs?

7. knell

knell New Member

No need to use VirtualPC to use remote desktop. There's a remote desktop program for mac written by Microsoft. I use it to leave my desktop in my apartment (Windows XP box) and connect from campus using my laptop (powerbook).