SRS Im 30 tomorrow :(

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CaiWooBlue, Jun 18, 2008.

1. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

I KNOW this isnt old, but it feels like it is the definite end to my young adulthood. Anyone else feel like this?

Seems like even in my 20s there is still that remnant to hold on to. 30 is like the final say to "Yep, you are an adult. Grow up."

I don't want to grow up. I do accept responsibility, and succeed in it 95% of the time, but I still like the thought of being young.

Lord, Im being silly and I know it. It just depresses me.

2. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I hear ya. I'm not there yet, but the closer I get, the more it scares me. Rationally, I know 30 isnt old by any means, but rational thought doesnt always win.

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

im almost there, and honestly...im scared too. Ive done so much in my young life, and the thought of getting older really never bothered me before. I look forward to retiring young (which i have under control) and living a free life without all life stressors to deal with. At the same time, i just dont wanna grow up.

I think its even worse when i go out and teenagers annoy the crap out of me...and i know it wasnt THAT long ago that I was one of those annoying kids. It makes me feel even older.

My mom always told me to live life one day at a time. You cant stop it, and worrying about it or fearing the future only takes away the time you have now.

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I totally understand what you're saying, but tomorrow is your very own personal holiday!! Enjoy it!!

Hold out on the worry until Friday. You'll have plenty of time then ;)

5. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

I'm with ya. Won't be long before I'm 30 and I hate it. I'm not sure if I'm more upset because I just feel as if I've wasted so many years in my 20's doing nothing and accomplishing very little or the the simple fact that I'll be 30.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You can be as old as you want to be,what matters most is what makes you happy. I remember quite clearly how all the girls were 'if only im 16 then i can do this and that', and the moment they are over that age its like 'i wish i was 16 again' , there never seems to be a 'right' age, so to hell with it. What matters most is again that you are happy and at peace with yourself.

7. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

Thank you guys. Its good to know Im not the only one who feels this way about this particular age, but you are all right when you say I dont have to take it as being old. :)

8. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAIWOO!!! :big grin:

Hope you're having a super fantastic day!! :wavey:

9. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :blue:

My 20s started out rough. My dad died, I dropped school to help my mom out with the bills, went through my own financial ups n downs, and watched many folks come and go through my life. Watched others leap ahead in life while I was still trudging along trying to find a glimmer of hope in there somewhere. Just as I was exiting my 20s things started to turn around. I got out of debt, bought a house, got married and stayed on the straight path financially.

So when my 30th birthday arrived, I decided to view my life as a clean slate, a chance to do things right while I was still young enough to enjoy it. So far it's working out pretty well :) I'll be 34 in 2 months :eek5:

10. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

I'll be 30 on the 27th, and im NOT looking forward to this at all. I have my own place, good job. Things are good in my life. But the thought of being 30 scares me, im not excited. In all honesty I dont feel any different then I did when I was 18, just more bills :rofl: but 30 :wtc:

11. teh_fuzz

teh_fuzz New Member

Im 30 now, its no big deal, some people just either accept it or dont get bothered by it, im one of the latter ones lol

I dont think my persona changed because I am 30... on the contrary it makes you appreciate your younger years more!

12. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Today was a pretty good day. My husband was awesome, and we did kid things today, like tickle and pillow fights with our 4 year old. JUST what I needed.