SRS I'm 21, and I feel bored with life.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Exit, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Exit

Exit Guest

Recently single, but not depressed over it at all. Good looking guy, great school, good group of close friends, and my one passion (it's weird - haunted attractions and haunted hayrides, etc) isn't until October.

I feel very bored, like I have no excitement in life. School work bugs me, and I have a bit of pressure to now find a job.

What is causing this? I think of aging all the time, and it is scary. I want to have a life like they see on Travel Channel, but I'm ... bored. I do fun stuff, but I don't go "yeah, that felt great." I think of "It was great while it lasted, now I'm bored."

Relationships are the one thing that make me feel great, though.

2. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

It sounds like depression to me. Not over the break-up but in general. Could be something else like hormones but you sound just like someone that has a bit of depression.

3. Exit

Exit Guest

I don't feel emotionally drained, I feel relatively okay. The breakup was awhile ago, so I don't consciously think of it much. I love being with someone, I'm pretty codependent, but I don't think , or feel, it is what causes my shit.

Not sure though. I feel happier when I have a potential date.

4. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

That's fine, you don't have to be emotionally drained over a relationship to be depressed. Two huge signs of depression are a feeling of boredom often and a lack of excitement over fun activities. In a non-depressed person, that fun activity rush will carry over for a while after they are done. They'll get excited over a variety of things and if they are super bored they'll seek out something that gives them pleasure. Whether it be a good discussion with close friends for the introvert or a street festival for the extrovert.

5. RuskeR

RuskeR ReksuR

If I was in your situation I'd travel somewhere. Maybe take a trip by yourself?

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You're at one of the most transitional ages in your life. It's the age where society tells you to find your career and grow up. It's not easy for most people, especially if you really haven't figured out what makes you happy.

Have you ever tried volunteering?

7. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

Actually, being bored with your life at your age, is pretty normal.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

If you are bored you are not doing enough effort to do something worthwhile, its best to develop a 'get up n go' attitude and do something worthwhile, there's always room for self improvement, weight lifting, intellectual training, sports ,and other challenges that keep you occupied, i guess i overheard some guy talking saying 'if there isn't any work, i'll just make work'

So its about creating things to do, and not waiting for them to come to you.