A&P Illustrator Clip Art.... v.littlehelp

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jared_IRL, Apr 6, 2009.

1. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

The wife runs a charity dog walk every year from the High School she teaches at, that benefits a local animal shelter. It's starting to get some attention and gain a following, but it's very, very low budget right now.

I wanted to throw together a really simple logo for her, just so it has something identifiable, but I'm having a hard time finding a source image.

I just need a dog print vector file. I'm willing to pay for it, but every clip art site I come across requires some sort of bullshit monthly/yearly pass to download anything. I've never needed a piece of clip art before, can't see needing one after this...

Anyone know of a place I could get this from and only pay for the single image?

thanks!

2. Twiztid

Twiztid What the FUCK is a samoflange?

If you have any amount of sketching skill, you can sketch something on paper, trace it in black ink, scan it in, and use the LiveTrace tool in Illustrator to turn it into vector art. Basically turns any sketch into a coloring book picture.

If you don't have any sketching abilities let me know what stuff you want in the logo and I'll see if my wife will sketch something up, it's what she does all day at work anyways =D

3. Keiphus

Keiphus my dog eats bears

Jared, email me some specifics on what you're looking for - maybe I can help you out. Or I guess you could post them here too, haha.

4. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I just used what I had, upsized in genuine fractals and smoothed in PS.

Then I made this:

[​IMG]

thoughts?

5. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

6. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

nice catch!

I'd have to shrink the 'dog walk' text down to nothing to fit charity, and I kind of like the impact...

would '100% of proceeds to go to Camden County Animal Shelter' under 'dog walk' do the job?

7. Twiztid

Twiztid What the FUCK is a samoflange?

i would just do the When and the Time as 1 and then push all the When, Cost Where a little closer together and then add in the charity thing above or below dog walk. I would probably go with below and put "for Charity" or something like that.