"ill call you back"...and then doesnt

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by desichic123, Jan 12, 2005.

1. desichic123

desichic123 New Member

my boyfriend of 19 months seems to have some kind of memory issue when he always says that he'll call me back or he'll call me in 5 minutes..but usually never does. its getting really really annoying..and im just curious if alot of other guys out there are the same way and just dont think its a big deal.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

personally, if I say I'll call, then I call.

But don't take it too personal. I have friends that say the same to me, and they don't call back.

3. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

yeah me too, if I say I'll call you back then I call...unless something came up and I forget.. but that's unlikely.... just bitch at him for it.. lol

4. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

Oh this ticks me offff. I hate when ppl say they will and dont! If i say im gonna call, i call.

5. Wildwood*Flower

Wildwood*Flower New Member

Every girl needs to read this new book called "hes just not that into you". Do you really want a boyfriend that says hes going to call you and then doesnt? If he thinks its ok to disappoint you this way, why not others?

6. -iLLuZioN_B18C1

-iLLuZioN_B18C1 NooB

i never do that. i may be a few minutes late but ill definately call

7. jordand505

jordand505 New Member

i do that. its funny. No seriously it happens when something comes up, aroudn the hosue people are askign you questions or shit like that. You dotn have the tiome to be ont he phone immediatly so you say lemme call you back in like 5 min. THen after all the shit is over, and it took longer than 5 minutes that phone call is not on your mind anymore.

I also do it on purpose but its usualyl one of those forgettign thigns where it gets blocked otu of your short term memory.

8. mkevaldz

mkevaldz New Member

keep in mind when exactly he says he will call you back. Is it at work? if it's at work things can easily come up where he's not able to call you back as easily. If he's at home watching cartoons and doesn't call you back, that's a different story.

also does he smoke weed? that'll fuck up a memory lilke head trauma.

9. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

My wife did that when we were dating.

10. johan

johan Active Member

1) He's forgetful
    2) You're not as important to him as you wish you were.

The total answer is some mix of these two. My guess.. 30% of #1 and 70% of #2. Adjust as you see fit.

Maybe 25/75.

11. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

My guess is you either arn't that important or maybe he would rather watch tv then talk on the phone. Some people just don't like talking on the phone.

12. Lyzardegod

Lyzardegod Guest

:werd:

It's also disrespectful to not do as you say you are going to do and is a BIG waste of your time waiting. Anyone over the age of 10 should be able to write themselves a note if they are that forgetful. Esp. in the age of cell phones and answering machines...

13. Trina

Trina New Member

My cousin, who is single, got that book and read it in a day and told me (married) I should read it just for the info and to kind of look back on old relationships and see if anything clicked.

Oh boy, did it ever!

Your guy, although you have been together for 19 months, and you say he's a good guy, seems like he's just not that into you. Definitely pick up that book and read it, there are TONS of clues that men give off that they are not into you, but they don't want to tell you the truth because they are chickenshits who can't take the confrontation.

14. Sceptre81

Sceptre81 Guest

my girlfriend does the same thing.....i've heard everything from "i'll call you back in 10 mins" and hearing from her hours later, to "i'll call you in an hour" and hearing from her the next day

15. Nightmist

Nightmist Power Metal Crew >* \m/ \m/

some people just say it and never do it. That personally drives me crazy and bothers me. To some people its not big deal but for some it is. Just let him know that you want to get a call back when he says it.

16. jeees_styles

jeees_styles bling bling

I knew this girl that said that just to get me off the phone and would never call back.

but sometimes people just forget and deal whatever they gotta deal with.
    or sometimes they don't want to talk about what you want to continue with.

17. CookieMonster

CookieMonster OT Supporter

a girl I use to like was like that with me. :ugh: but I'm with her friend now and shes way coller then the other.

18. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

i wouldn't think anything of it. it's not a big deal he just has a poor memory, or thinks it doesn't matter.

19. Myst

Myst New Member

If he forgets to call on occasion, it probably slipped his mind. It its all the time, I'd say you're not his first priority. Go find a man you treats you like a goddess.

20. mkevaldz

mkevaldz New Member

any random guy in a club will do, you will be a goddess until he hits it, then you will be the same "I'll call you back" girl that you are now...

21. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

My guy pulls this crap on occassion, sometimes its bc he doesnt want to further discuss what we're talkin about, so he doesnt call back and waits for it to blow over the next mornin. Other times, he just forgets, but agreed, if this is a constant issue, one shouldnt be that forgetful.

22. Myst

Myst New Member

Sorry, bud, I haven't been that naive for many many years. If a guy doesn't respect me, what's the point? You know, unless I'm just wantin' a quick roll in the hay.

23. mkevaldz

mkevaldz New Member

I believe you misunderstood me...any asshole "player" will treat a woman like a goddess untill one of two things happens...A, he gets what he wants...or B, he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it...then he stops answering phone calls, becomes unavliable...etc.

so telling her to look for a man who treats her like a goddess is like sending her into a yard full of wolves in sheeps clothing and telling her to pick the white fuzzy one...

24. strik9

strik9 Verbing weirds language.

i never remember to call people back but its because im adhd

he could have add/adhd or something and get sidetracked really easily. it happens to me all the time and there is nothing i can do about it.

25. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

i hate talking on the phone so it's a good excuse for me.