I'll be your monkey OR Pitch Software Ideas at Me

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Peyomp, May 18, 2005.

1. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

So, I was supposed to be building an application... and my "user", the person whom I was to deliver to, has fallen through. So I have no project.

The project was a business-process flow chart dealy, for a particular and highly specific business domain, with integrated billing, client information, document organization, etc. That project is approximately dead.

I don't know what to do now. I want to do something with Eclipse's Graphical Editing Framework.

Can any of you think of a problem that could get solved by editing a graphical representation, that isn't already?

I am at a loss here as to what the fuck to do with my time, so I thought I would toss this out there and maybe you have idea what you are willing to share that aren't stupid.

Thanks,
    Peyompian HokusPokus NoProject Bitch

2. Shibboleth

Shibboleth teh mad Plato skillz

hey give up your graphical fix and help me build a Model (c++) for a rather interesting project

dance, monkey! dance you god-damned software monkey!

edit: so I don't know if you really want to help, if you're already pretty familiar with c++ you might not learn much, except maybe some design patterns, but it should be fun either way. So PM me if you're really looking for something to do.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I'm already invested in Java/Eclipse, and have always been interested in data visualization, so...

please tempt the monkey. Do not throw him turds. Bananas, please.

4. Shibboleth

Shibboleth teh mad Plato skillz

come on, get back to your roots! do you even know how a DWORD and interger are different? How they're stored in little endian ram? you'll learn this way!

(it's stored like a tastey, yellow banana)

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I'm thoroughly uninterested in C++. I use C when I do low level stuff, like communication with hardware, etc. If ever I have to use C++... I might as well use perl or Java.

:gtfo: of my thread with this C++ shit. I am not interested.

I am interested in visualizing something for graphical editing. If you can't think of anything like that... go post your penis in OT or something.