GUN IL house Rep. Monique Davis anti 2nd amendment and anti 1st amendment!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Soybomb, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Monique Davis is a representative in the Illinois house, 27th district http://www.ilga.gov/house/Rep.asp?MemberID=1148 She has sponsored anti gun legislation like ammo encoding http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/Bil...B&DocNum=4269&GAID=9&SessionID=51&LegID=34734 among others.

Apparently Rep. Davis holds little value in the first amendment. See this blog entry here where Rep. Davis was speaking in session while discussing Illinois' governors $1 million grant to a church and illinois' new requirement for schools to have a moment of silence http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2008/04/rep-monique-dav.html

Davis: I don’t know what you have against God, but some of us don’t have much against him. We look forward to him and his blessings. And it’s really a tragedy -- it’s tragic -- when a person who is engaged in anything related to God, they want to fight. They want to fight prayer in school.
    I don’t see you (Sherman) fighting guns in school. You know?
    I’m trying to understand the philosophy that you want to spread in the state of Illinois. This is the Land of Lincoln. This is the Land of Lincoln where people believe in God, where people believe in protecting their children.… What you have to spew and spread is extremely dangerous, it’s dangerous--
    Sherman: What’s dangerous, ma’am?
    Davis: It’s dangerous to the progression of this state. And it’s dangerous for our children to even know that your philosophy exists! Now you will go to court to fight kids to have the opportunity to be quiet for a minute. But damn if you’ll go to [court] to fight for them to keep guns out of their hands. I am fed up! Get out of that seat!
    Sherman: Thank you for sharing your perspective with me, and I’m sure that if this matter does go to court---
    Davis: You have no right to be here! We believe in something. You believe in destroying! You believe in destroying what this state was built upon.

I think no matter what our religious inclinations are we'd all agree that its disappointing to see an elected representative behave in such a way and show such complete disrespect for freedom of religion and speech. Spread the word about Rep. M. Davis.

2. Fireball

Fireball OT Supporter

:wavey: to fellow communist states who have anal retentive political figures about gun control...

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Sounds like she's sane :coolugh:

4. Trlstyle

Trlstyle New Member

I saw the first name and prepared myself.

5. 4fifths

4fifths God of Bartons

I believe in destroying.

6. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

7. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Out with you godless heathen, you're poisoning the minds of our citizens, this is the land of LINCOLN.

(casts spell of federalism with +10 big creepy mole face modifier)

9. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

she's an educator with a masters

and she's a nog

which explains why she makes no sense

10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

http://www.wbbm780.com/Lawmaker-Apo'logizes-For-Comments-Against-Atheist/1980701
    Think of the children guys.