iHate iTunes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by boxen, Sep 18, 2006.

1. boxen

boxen New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    i've had it with my itunes. a few months ago i got a new laptop before coming to school, and used my ipod as an external harddrive to transfer all of my music and pictures to my new computer. but now when i open itunes, half of my songs won't play even though they're listed in my library. :wtc:

because of my vagina, i am technologically inept.

someone help. i'll love you forever. :x:
  2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera New Member OT Supporter

Jan 27, 2005
    When you click on a song and it doesn't play, does it pop up a warning about your computer not being authorized, or does it just skip to the next song immediately?

If your computer isn't authorized to play songs purchased using a specific account, then you won't be able to play them; no way around that one. You'll have to authorize your computer using the "Authorize Computer" option in one of the menus.

If it just skips to the next song immediately, then the song file might not actually be on your computer anymore. Delete everything from your library (DO NOT delete it from your hard drive, though) and have iTunes re-import all the music on your computer. That should get rid of any listings for songs that don't exist anymore.

Nice job using the "because of my vagina..." comment. Guys love helping a damsel in distress, eh?