Ignorance is bliss?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Slid., Sep 26, 2009.

1. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

What is your opinion on knowing about your partner's history?

I'm 28 and I've had two long-term relationships which I honestly would have done differently [date around] considering they didn't "last" [3 and 5 years respectively].

I've been seeing this girl for the past two months, we met through mutual friends at a bar. She's extremely upfront and honest and sometimes friends will ask her "are you really still seeing that guy? [me]" and she explains to me that what they mean is that she typically doesn't last very long with guys and is kinda always out with a new one. It seems like anytime we go out and there's a guy that she knows it's someone that she's been with.

My previous girlfriend of five years I never asked her about her past. It's not that I didn't care -- I guess it's a curiosity thing for any girl I'd date but I just don't want to hear something that I don't want to hear and have it be a sabotage for us.

I realize that at my age the number of girls out there with comparable histories to me are practically nil -- I still just don't feel comfortable about someone who has been with 30+ guys. And I'd feel like a total scrub breaking it off with someone just because they were with X amount of guys before me -- the past should stay the past.

So is it reasonable to stop seeing someone because of an uncomfortable past? Is it best to just bask in ignorance? Is this something I should work on being able to handle or should I seek out girls who have acceptable-to-me :)hs:) pasts?

2. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

So, my question to you is why is the "number" such an issue to you? Is it because you are thinking you are being compared to or what? I guess I don't understand why you have a concern with it.

3. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

I'm not concerned with comparison or anything like that -- I'm just afraid if it's some obscene number that it would scare me off. Like I'd expect a number of 100 to scare most people off .. I'm not sure where my comfort level is.

4. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Ignorance is never bliss. you always fill in the gaps with your own story.

Either ask and accept, ask and leave, or don't ask and always be on edge.

5. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

Honestly, I wouldn't feel comfortable if I were you either, to see someone she has fucked every where I go. And no it is not unreasonable to break up because of this, unless she is like the girl of your dreams in other aspects!

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I don't see why you would feel like a scrub. Don't let people make you feel bad for having standards. There's nothing wrong with wanting a girl who respects herself enough not to open her legs for tons of guys.

If you are looking for a serious relationship then I would find someone else. She doesn't seem like someone who is interested in settling down anyway. Do you really want to be with someone who sees someone she has fucked everywhere you go?

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

stop the bullshit. having sex does not mean having no self respect.

8. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

a lot of random sex is a little :hsugh: though. For both genders.

9. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Fact: Having regular sex generally means better control and a tighter vagaygay. A tighter vagaygay means good things for you. Plus the experience a person can bring and teach you. So i don't care where they get the regular sex as long as they have it.

How many sexual partners a person has had in the past shouldn't matter if they were safe about it (Meaning currently disease free), if it wasn't from some psychological trouble, and if they won't cheat on you if you are exclusive. In my experience it's pretty rare to have three for three though.

10. Deborah

WHAT?lol

11. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

As long as he doesn't have any diseases or children he's not taking care of I don't see why I should care about his "number" :dunno:

12. blackbirdbeatle

Regular sex doesn't equal loose vagina. The loose slut myth is just that. I don't know why this is such common knowledge but it should have been stamped out in sex-ed. I mean it might if you are into extreme things like fisting and giant dildos, I don't know. But they would have to be pretty damn big.

By control I mean the muscles.

13. Deborah

All I know is when I don't have sex for a while my vagina really tightens up. Having sex regularly might not mean loose vagina, but it most probably does not mean tight vagina either!

Also,please give some references for your claims .

14. blackbirdbeatle

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/a_few_choice_words_about_tightness

Again, should be in sex-ed hence the site for younger people. And again, by tighter I mean using the muscles more through sex (Kegels). It's just a muscular tube and you can learn to work those muscles like anything else. Guys use it to control ejaculation and girls can use it to please their guy. I don't mean the vagina get's physically smaller the more sex you have.

I mean the only thing really that affects this is childbirth and I'm guessing putting equally as big of objects up there.

When you are too tight that either means you are wrenching the PC muscles to much, the penis is too big for you in general, or you aren't sufficiently aroused.

I'm no Sue Johanson though.

15. Deborah

Nowhere here it is said that having sex regularly makes you tight! So as I said your first statement can't be true. It's just having control on your pelvic muscles that might help you stay tighter and having sex does not necessarily give you that control.

16. blackbirdbeatle

I already said I assumed that you are working the muscles down there because you are sexually active. You are doing it because you want to please your partner in the near future and while in the act.

It also says that your vagina doesn't tighten up so much when you don't have sex. There is a set point it returns to at all times. If you are too tight it's not directly because you haven't had sex in a while but because your partner may not know how to arouse you enough, their penis might be too large, etc...

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: I love this topic.

SO knows my number and I know his. It's actually a common joke amongst each other :dunno:

Just the other day we were talking about the new movie about Tucker Max's sexcapades. We're laughing about some of the ridiculous stories and he said how nasty he thought it was to screw so many random chicks just for one night. I quickly shot back, "oh please, I know you didn't get to 11 by 11 serious girlfriends!" We both had a good laugh.

18. OSLabelle

OSLabelle OT Supporter

I'd say it's something to be worried about. I mean, if you see guys she's had sex with all over the place you have to wonder how often she runs into them when you're NOT around? And how long YOU'RE going to last if there were so many of THEM.

Why shouldn't he be bothered by her history? Do you honestly like to think about how many guys have pounded your girlfriend?

19. OSLabelle

OSLabelle OT Supporter

Well, it's probably easy to joke about if his number is 11. And if you don't run into them all the time. From what I've seen, you two are easily 25+ years old, making that a pretty low number (in my opinion).

20. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:werd:

as long as she's clean i don't care if she sucked 37 dicks.

21. jonno

jonno New Member

after a certain number it's kinda like :hsugh:

not sure what that number is, though

22. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

well also have to take into account age. if she fucked 10 dudes by the time she was 16 yea that's a bit :hsugh:

however, women are beginning to be as open/willing to have sex as dudes which leads to us getting laid more but also them having higher numbers. so really as long as she's clean and doesn't cheat what's the big deal?

23. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

yeah because that's what i said...:uh:

24. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

Eventually you will find out, it's inevitable.

Would you rather find out sooner or later is the question?

25. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

For some people who think sex is more than just bumping uglies it matters.

I find those people who have had sex with a lot of people don't usually care if the other person does as well :p