MMA IFL Team Names

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sammo, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I haven't really gotten into the IFL yet but there is one thing that kinda bugs me so far.

I wish they would give the teams better names or just call them "Team Miletich", "Team Renzo", "Team Rutten", etc...

I don't know even know which team is which off the top of my head, all of the names are so generic. Which team is Pat's? The Rattlesnakes? Tigersharks? Cobras? They all sound the same.

2. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

Not all the members are from the respective camps. It allows for mixing and matching.

EX. a few team members of mine fight for the tiger sharks.

3. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Yeah I know, but even still. The team names themselves are so generic I get them mixed up. :dunno:

4. VulgarTheClown

With more exposure you will get used to them.

They did a mini season and had 2 episodes once they get shit worked out and get a weekly or bi weekly show whatever you will become much more accustomed to what they are looking to do.

5. xinster

xinster New Member

lol it does sound kind of generic and arbitrary considering they were made up just for the ifl. I would have preferred team newton etc.

war ifl though

6. VulgarTheClown

but think how put off some guys would be by the organization if they were on team Renzo. (Which is Renzo's school's team name) if they were form like Team Bobby Q (i just made something up) It could 1) give a shit fighter more prestige or 2) give a high lvl fighter less prestige. not to mention I have a hard time with the thought of not representing my gym in competition. I would feel like a traitor.

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I think the team "generic" team names are a better idea for the League/Team format they are creating. Later down the road the teams could become more permanently established and maybe coaches would change but the original team name would remain the same.