If you sensed your girlfriend was cheating, would you rather know or not know?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by StopDrop&LOL, Jul 21, 2006.

1. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

I just broke up with this girl i was seeing for 4 years. I made a thread about a week ago. She had dinner with a guy friend at Cheesecake Factory, like 3 weeks ago when we were together. I didnt think anything of it, thought it was jsut a friend, but when she came over to my house after dinner, i noticed something weird. She was dressed up, something she never really does when we go out to eat and she had a drink, something she has NEVER done with me. She mentioned he wanted her to go party with him down south that night. Usually girls dress to impress, so i was kinda like :squint:

Whatever, relationship is over, not because of that, but i think she might have been hanging out alot with him recently during out 2 week breakup.

Im done with her now though (not sure if she can sesnse it), but i was just wondering...would you rather know or not know if you S.O. was cheating?

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I'd rather know, so I can decide whwther or not to try to continue the relationship

3. StopDrop&LOL

Well see, i already konw in my head im done with her, so i guess its best to not know.

The reason i said this is b.c she said something like "I dont see this going where i want it." Than she kinda blew me off 2 times when she told me she'd call me, so i could see her to talk about things. Than i rememberd about the guy friend she went to dinner with, so i decided im done. Ignored her call

If you already have you mind set that your moving on, im assuming it would be better to not know, right?

4. lordcoca

lordcoca Wading in the Velvet Sea

I'd personally like to know as well, that way I wouldn't end up making a mistake I may or may not later regret. Closure is good. I'll be honest, I don't understand the desire in not wanting to know the truth. Your way you may end up wondering one day if you made the right choice :hsd:

I would confront her, but I'm pretty direct when it comes to things like that.

Good luck :hsd:

5. Apothis

Apothis New Member

I can't stand being in the dark about things like that. I'd damn well want to know (so I could determine if terrible vengeance would be needed or not). I won't be played for a fool anymore than I can help it.

6. StopDrop&LOL

Ya, but its over...what does it matter? Im done with her. Closure is nice, but i dont need closure on things that dont really have any meaning...its not like theres a possiblity were getting back together.

Im just ignoring all her phoce calls.

She jerked me around quite a bit.

7. niSssEanR

niSssEanR OT Supporter

I would LOVE to know. That way i can fuck someone up. Tell the woman what needs to be done, then talk to the man, and if he knows she was dating already, give him a mutha fuckin ass beating....

Unless she was cheating on me with another female... then we can work something out...FTW

8. StopDrop&LOL

LOL, i dont fight over women. We had a weird relationship, we never said "were boyfriend/girlfriend," so i cant be all upset if she was cheating. I always looked at it like "were exclusive, we each know that, nothing needs to be said, it can be assumed were together."

9. sk0rcher

sk0rcher The universe is watching

I hope I don't get cheated on, lol. But yes, I would want to know.

10. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I'd certainly want to know.

11. The Mafia

The Mafia New Member

I'd want to know - then I'd start venturing out too ;)

Still have the cheating ex on the side for a quick, slap happy, hair pulling, Peter North Style fuck. (without her knowing she has been downgraded to "on the side')

But you have to be 100% sure she is cheating to do that though.

And when you know if definately going to be the last time you fuck her, bust a load on her face and tell her its over 1 second after your last shot.

12. notsousual

notsousual New Member

I would like to know if my bf is cheating. I found out recently that my ex was cheating on me while we were still together. I'm over the relationship now, but it still kinda sucked, hearing it, and got me upset for like an hour or something stupid. Im glad I know tho...it just added to the list of things that went horribly wrong. Great learning experience. And now Im for sure that I'll NEVER go back to him. Which is a powerful, wonderful feeling.

13. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

I'd want to know so that I would be aware that they weren't worth my time. I'd be crushed, naturally, but it would strengthen my resolve not to go back there.

14. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

If the relationship is really over, then why does it matter? Move on, finding things out like that will only build resentment and hurt you. Still will still get the last laugh.

15. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

I would and wouldn't like to know.

If I never found out. Then I would like to keep it like that.
    If I had to find out, I would rather her tell me than me walk in on the two (or more) of them.

So I guess my answer would be that I wouldn't want to know, and would like to think everything is fine.

16. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I would want to know.

Let's say you had your suspicions but the relationship ended on a good term. You don't know it, but the truth is she was cheating. Now you've got this false judgment of character, thinking she is/was a good person, when really she was a cheating bitch.

I don't care what the situation is I would want to know. It might even help me get over the girl faster.

Sure she will have the last laugh but she will have it eitherway, whether you know about it or not.

17. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I'm big on facts, myself.

18. Asgard

Asgard New Member

This just comes down to the bandaid theory. Rip it off quick, or slow?

19. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

It's the difference between sensing a feeling of shit, and feeling like shit.

20. Schproda

Schproda New Member

I'd think you would want closure and to know that it was her who fucked up the relationship.

21. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

That may not be the most productive road to go down. Cheating shows a lack of moral fiber, certainly, but it's merely the weasel's alternative to dumping you outright. And if she's in the position to cheat or to dump you, then you either picked a woman who didn't like you that much in the first place, or one who was mental, or you did something to disinterest her.

No, "closure" should not be something sought out as a way to wash one's hands of all responsibility for a failed relationship. If she got rid of you first, then odds are you screwed up somewhere along the line, and you need to figure out how and make sure not to do it again.

(by the way... I speak as one who was crushed by a cheater.)

22. ramin

ramin New Member

you gotta face the truth man...its better to know and be hurt for a lil, then get stronger than to just live blind

23. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I would rather know.

24. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

I would have to know, as I would have to find a target for the business end of my machete. I already told my girlfriend if I caught her fucking around I would cut her up.

25. foad

foad New Member

OMFG :noes:

I would rather want to know so I can dump the bitch.