SRS if you had two days a week to do anything..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by glass, Sep 28, 2008.

1. glass

glass New Member

provided you had to do it on your own, what would you do?

i've got so much time on my hands lately these last few weekends. i just finished an exam (next one's in April), so i'm not looking at studying soon, and my usual hobbies (guitar, jiu-jitsu, gym) are great but only keep me busy for half a day tops.

the catch is i have to do it on my own - i won't be taking friends (long story). i'd prefer to do something useful like volunteering time to teach kids high school math, but that's one of the only things i'd enjoy volunteering to do.

basically i've been in a rut the last 14 months, and i feel like i'm just wasting time. im' working and trying to make something of myself outside work hours, but it's still too self-centred. i think i could be doing something for someone else.. but i can't think of a cause i care about where a weekend is enough time.

2. 7960

7960 New Member

fish.

actually I'd ride my mountain bike to a pond and fish.

3. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

:werd: I was going to say go fishing

4. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

For me personally, nothing. I'd sit outside on the patio, with a few nice cigars, and just enjoy the peace and quiet. In fact, that is what I'm doing right now. :) I might wash my car later, but other than that, jack fucking nothing.

5. fray

fray New Member

do you like animals? you could volunteer at an animal shelter or humane society...?

personally, I like doing nothing, but I'm always busy.

6. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

I love it when I get a free day to work on my jeep (frame up rebuild). The rare times all my roommates are gone and I don't have anything that has to be done let me get more done than I ever can normally. I do occasionally have issues when I need to move something heavy but I am good at finding alternatives.

I have also been known to disappear into the woods with a good book and a few cigars for days at a time.