if you guys haven't ever seen a movie projector..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Guest, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok so I don't have a scanner or digicam so I had to take pics with my USB webcam of the photo's and the photos are dark because.. well it IS a projection booth and it's dark up there.. it's a 10 plex I only took a few photo's though. the round black thing is the print of verticle limit we have left... I notice a lot of people think we have dvd's or some shit and not actual film anymore.. I dunno what the fuck they're thinking. The audio rack is from a small theatre, no subwoofer so just 5 channels, you can see the processor and booth monitor on top, DTS next, 4 amps(they've split one of them or some other fucked up thing.. my employer is cheap. what can I say), and the bottom is the exciter power supply for analog prints.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Aviator (edited January 02, 2001).]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

the back door to that audio rack fell off the other day and hit me on the head. that sucked since it's heavy, and metal

3. Guest

Guest Guest

hey, a fellow projectionist...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

hola!

5. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

WWWWoooooowwwww
    Though I would never meet anybody who worked with projectors...fellow projectionist. Amazed and even in here, I worked at AMC theaters Mercado 20 in san jose, ca. worked for AMC Theaters for 5 years as a projectionist and assitant manager while in high school. I know what you mean when you say that people think the movie is on DVD's because everybody I would take up to the projection booth would always be amazed at what it looked liked. It was fun while it lasted....hehehee
    :joshers:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

wow, nothing like dredging up a year old thread :)