If you guys have questions about Verizon phones...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Turboed_2, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

I'll try to answer them. I work in a QA lab for a company who I will leave nameless. We have plenty of pre-production phones from some being released soon (Motorola V710, V810) to some that will probably never get released (Toshiba CDM-9900 or Samsung SCH-A690). If you're curious, ask away.

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

Yeah. I have a question.

Can you hear me now?

(Sorry. Had to do it. :) )

3. ZetecRacing

ZetecRacing New Member

0why won't the Samsung SCH-A690 be released?
    awhat could you tell me about SCH-A670 I was looking at getting that phone to replace my SCH-A310

4. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

yes please tell about the samsung a670

5. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

SCH-A690 has been put on hold indefinitely but i've heard that we're going to be getting it soon. We were working with it last fall and it got pulled due to issues with the PTTT.

The SCH-A670 is a good phone, a lot of people like it and I havent heard any complaints about it yet. Good quality videos can be taken with it and its a Samsung, so it's not going to fall apart on you, at least not easily. If I had to buy a Samsung phone on Verizon's network, it would either be a SCH-A670 for the camera feature or the SCH-A650 for one without.

Any more questions? Sorry I didnt respond until now, I didnt even get an email reply saying that there were responses :hs:

6. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Almost forgot, a guy I work with had the Audiovox CDM-8900 and returned it for the Samsung SCH-A670. I figure the CDM-8900 is a good quality phone so the Samsung must be better.

7. DJMunich

DJMunich American Eurotrash

Any thoughts on the Samsung i700 as a Phone/PDA (obviously) ?

I've always wanted a PDA/Phone - I still need to use it primarily as a phone, but love the idea of having a good quality PDA as part of it...

Anyway, anything you have to say about it would be appreciated :) Also, if you know of a better PDA/Phone Combination with any provider really, I'm interested in recommendations :)

TIA!

8. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

We don't have any PDA phones now :( The last one we had was the Kyocera 7135, I think, and that was about 6 months ago.

9. DJMunich

Bummer :-/

10. DJMunich

Okay, how about the Kyocera Smart Phone. It seems it's got more features than the Samsung Smart phone Verizon offers. Any advice (pros + cons) on both would be appreciated.

I also heard that a new LG VX7000 is coming out soon? Any ideas on this?

I'm planning on buying a new phone tomorrow (most likely the Kyocera), but it's not 100% for sure yet. Any input you guys have would be awesome.

TIA!

11. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

I dont know about the Kyocera Smart Phone cause we dont have any of those in :( The newest thing we have from them is the KX2...which is pretty bad. The VX7000's are indeed coming out soon. They're nice phones, really crisp screen, just bulky :hs: That phone is the highest on our priority list right now. After that the Motorola V810 is coming out shortly after the VX7000.

12. DJMunich

Damnit, I wanna find out about the Smartphone before I buy it. Anyone know any forums or anything?

13. deadW8

deadW8 New Member

Is the Motorola v710 better (more features etc.) than the v810 because it seems that way from the product specs/info I've seen so far...but I always thought the higher number scheme was usually better? I.E.: v600>v400>v300, etc.

Are these two moto v710/v810 available for Verizon? Or should I look to the vx7000 (it seems like the vx8000 won't be here till some time around 1/05 - 3/05 speculation dates)?

14. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

V710 > V810 cause of the screen resolution, its really nice. They both have cameras but I don't know which is better. The V710 is bigger than the V810. 810 also feels a little cheap but it's not bad.

710 and 810 are available from Verizon, I'm pretty sure they'll be released within the next couple of months too, I don't know the specific dates. VX700 is bigger than the v710. I think the 7000 has more space for apps and whatever, but side by side, they seem to be equal quality wise unless you want to talk about their software. Which of course, everyone has their opinions on :) The 8000 is god awfully large in comparison to other phones. It does have a little knob on the lens to switch between normal shot and macro shots and it says it has a 1.3 megapixel camera on it....but the phone itself is like 4" long and maybe 4/5" high. It's a nice phone...just big. I dunno when its being released either.

15. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

http://www.howardforums.com/

16. deadW8

deadW8 New Member

Thanks for the info Turboed_2 :bigthumb:

I think at this point I want the Moto V710 since it has some type of expandable memory that makes it really appealing to me.

17. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

No problem. Although its not a standard media that they use. The thing looks like it uses some really small proprietary type of memory.

18. deadW8

deadW8 New Member

Knowing Motorola, it probably is (I wish it were CF!) but still a very cool looking phone with excellent features. Prolly wait a little though cause the price will probably exorbitant at first. Guess I'll get and hold onto an LG VX6000 for a little while. :hs:

19. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

I was never a fan of the VX-6000. It felt really cheap to me. The 7000/8000 feel pretty good though.