SRS If you feel bad about your bodily appearance...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by busydoingnothing, Aug 1, 2007.

1. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

...and you actually want to do something about it (besides feel bad or obsess over it), here's what you do: abuse it in a HEALTHY way. Find an intense workout plan (which is SAFE for you to perform) and DO IT. Find a healthy meal plan that fits with your lifestyle and commit to it. Once you start pushing yourself to work out, and after you've finished with your hardcore session, think about how much (good) pain you've gone through, and all of that because you've been abusing your body in an unhealthy way for so long. You will think twice next time before eating fast food or binging on absolute garbage.

I've been doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training <- click) for a few weeks now and have been eating healthy, only ever drinking water (and the occassional beer...and a couple sugarless Red Bulls....), and I'm feeling better about myself. I'm starting to notice a change, which should continue over the next few weeks (HIIT greatly increases your rate of fat loss). I feel better that I'm actually pushing myself to do it, and that I stick to my schedule of three days a week. I realize now that all the junk that I've eaten isn't worth what I have to go through to make up for it.

I post this hear because I know that my own view of my body contributes to my low self-esteem, and I know I'm not the only one. This is something that we can actually fix, as long as we take the first step and commit to it. Give it a shot. I'm no expert on personal fitness, but I can at least point you in the right direction...

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

hell yes

doing this now :cool:

3. tidalxwave

tidalxwave WWKD? OT Supporter

same, lost a good solid 10 pounds (woulda been more but lifting weights at the same time)

eating well

try to drink almost a gallon of water a day (metabolism / digestion)
    health shakes (for brunch)

and try to eat every 3-4 hours, just divide what you would normally eat and split in into two.

and bboying on the side doesnt hurt too

beginning to see nice results.

4. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

working out is almost religious for me.

Going without working out gives me anxiety. Too bad I had to dislocate my elbow playing football... haven't worked out in 6 months besides physical therapy.

5. Marmitha

Marmitha Milk ftw

you couldn't be more right, excercise actually helps with a lot of things, ESPECIALLY self esteem. People that fall in and out of depression could probably turn to exercise and see some sort of noticeable change.

But the bottom line is, for some people, regardless of how fit they are, their self esteem remains to be low :hs:

6. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

It is amazing how my mentality changes when I exercise. I went probably...a few years without really moving around (seriously...) and I was not a very happy person. My last few weeks of college I started running and I hadn't felt that good in so long!! Now this summer Ive been trying to do some sort of exercise everyday. Anytime I slack off I can tell.
    So right, just do it.

7. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

getting walked on by a girl does great for weight loss

8. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

We should make it pretty clear that someone who is out of shape should NOT try HIIT. You have to ease into it, build up your stamina and strength and then you will begin to see results. If your body isn't prepared for it, HIIT is a good way to do some pretty serious damage.

Just a word of caution :hs: I'd love to get back into HIIT, but my knees are shot to hell. Maybe I'll give it a go after I build up my endurance a little more...

9. Xtreme2k2

Xtreme2k2 GTI Crew ಠ_ಠ OT Supporter

endorphins

10. Swedish Boost

Swedish Boost New Member

Been there done that, need plastic surgery, never get fat, it scars your body even after you lose weight.

11. Big-God

Big-God Money often costs to much.

:werd:

Even with now daily exercise and an impeccable diet life can often suck because of poor choices/ignorance in the past. :hs:

12. kgeorge

kgeorge New Member

I would switch out of shape for, at risk of injury. If you feel your able to just start sprinting right away your probably not in danger.