A&P If you can offer tips on this please do! *Memory Book for Birthday*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by FindersKeepers, Nov 6, 2008.

1. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

For the girl im seeings Birthday, just 4 days after mine in December, I am working hard at traveling all over florida with the digital setup to take photos of all of the places we have been, and get it printed into a photo scrap book of sorts

I have kept just about every receipt or something from every restaurant we have eaten at, and any attraction in the state we have been to as a memory but want to put it into this photo/memory/scrapbook for her.

This weekend at night I'm going all around tampa and going to spend at least 6 hours each night taking photos of buildings/signs/things she would remember to inclide in this book

I'm thinking of having it printed in standard 8.5x11, some pages print images in full page, and some pages have collages (for our disney trip memories/etc).

Does this sound like a good idea?/Sweet present?

This will be 2 years we've been at it.

Any tips/insight on photo books or anything like this is appreciated as i've never gone to this extent to make something.

THANKS!

2. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

please do! it would be a big help.

3. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

You should get some supplies and make it a legit scrapbook, even if you only do like a page or two and leave the rest blank. Just tell her you wanted to give her a scrapbook about you two for her birthday but that you wanted it to be something you both could keep working on together :greddy:

My ex-gf started a scrapbook about "us" at one point and I ended up surprising her with a few new pages for Valentine's day or something. If you do it yourself and don't just print off entire pages it'll seem a lot more personal, at least in my opinion. And most girls seem fully aware of how much guys hate and/or suck at scrapbooking, so the fact that you did it for her anyway should score some points.

That being said, it would take a hell of a woman to get me to walk into a scrapbooking store again. Good luck and God speed.

4. Datass

Datass New Member

eh...not a big fan of scrapbooks. make a book from any album making website or print lab.