If/when to text/call? (kind of long, sorry)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by levit, Dec 9, 2008.

1. levit

levit buy the ticket, take the ride.

I did a quick search and didn't get a concrete answer, so I guess I'm just looking for input.

I was a female friend's "date" to her work xmas party on Saturday night. While there I met a former coworker of hers. She and I hit it off like crazy. We spent the last hour or two of the party just talking. When I stepped away for a sec my friend asked her what she thought of me, and I guess she said she thought I was cute and really wanted to dance with me and thought I was interesting bla bla bla.

Anyways there was a small hotel party gathering after the xmas party that my friend and I were going to. I asked the girl if she was going and she said yes. So we get to the hotel and just end up sitting on the bed talking for about 2 hours or so, ignoring everyone else. Then she said she was hungry and wished there was a Dennys around. I knew where one was and said "I know where one is, want to go?" She said "Do you think we should?" And I answered "Yah I think we probably should." She laughed, changed her clothes real quick, and we left everyone.

So we walked to Dennys and ended up eating there and talking for another 2 hours or so. I picked up the tab of course. She told me thank you and said "Well now I owe you Dennys at 2am sometime :)" On the way back I got her number and said "So I can hold you to that 2am Denny outing, ya know?"

We got back to the hotel and everyone was passed out. So we found one of the beds and it had 2 other people in it already. I told her to take it and I'd sleep in the chair, but she said "No there's space! Just squeeze in."

I wanted to make a move so bad but there were 2 other people in the bed and it was nearing 4am already. So I just decided to lay there and drift off to sleep.

We got up in the morning and did a little more talking. She's in college right now and was telling me about all her finals coming up this week and about the study group thing she had that day (this is now yesterday, Sunday). It was also my birthday so I told her and she wished me a happy birthday. Turns out her birthday is Wednesday the 10th and she was telling me how she was turning 21 and was going to go out at midnight Tuesday night to the bars for her birthday celebration.

Anyways we walked down/out of the hotel together. She hugged me and I said "I'm holding you to the 2am Dennys!" And she responded with "Heck yes you are!" Later that day the friend I went to the xmas party with texted me and said she asked this girl what she thought of me and was being the typical nosy girl. I guess the girl said I was awesome and really interesting and that she was interested in me. She also told her "I think 24 is going to be a good year for him" in response to the questions "What do you think of (name)?" Which I don't entirely understand but oh well.

So I asked my friend if I should go for it. She said yes and I asked how long I should wait. She told me to maybe text her yesterday (Sunday) and then see how it goes. I texted her but we only exchanged a couple, I didn't want to seem desperate. Now I'm wondering if it was too early or not.

So here I am. I know she had a final today and is still working on finishing one that's due Friday. Tomorrow she has no final, she's just going out to lunch with her mom for her birthday and then working on her final some more before going out at midnight for her 21st.

Should I call or text her? When? I was thinking of not saying anything tonight and then just texting her "Happy birthday, have fun at the bars!" Or something tomorrow, but is that a bad idea?

I've been out of the dating game for 5 years, last relationship that ended was a 4 year long one. I am so horrible at this and really clicked with this girl, so I'm nervous :o

2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

call with a plan, set up a date.

Don't call/text at random.

3. levit

levit buy the ticket, take the ride.

So say I have a plan. When is too early? Better to call than text I'm sure, but even if I'm super awkward at calling and nervous as shit? Heh... I do fine with her face to face, but on the phone I suck most of the time (in general to anyone).