If the option was available, would you want to fall asleep with your SO every night?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Ari1979, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

I'm talking every single night of the week. I go to the same university as my GF and we live only a few minutes away from eachother. We have been in a relationship (on and off) for 3.5 years. We've been having an issue as of late regarding sleeping.

I feel as though i will have my entire life to be married and come home to my woman every night and i don't really need that now.

Don't get me wrong, i do enjoy sleeping/holding my gf whom i love very much but she needs it every single night, no exceptions. It's quite overwhelming and i'm not entirely sure how to handle it. She feels pushed away when i want a night alone, i feel smothered by her at times. Other than this one issue we are a very happy couple :)

2. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Yes. I like to sleep next to somebody and cuddle them all night long.

3. dumbaznboy

dumbaznboy New Member

sure. i like having someone in bed with me. I mean, I only sleep on half the bed anyways. might as well have someone else there as well

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

That's a pretty important issue, though.

It sounds to me like you don't want a serious relationship and she does.

Perhaps you should have a talk with her and see exactly where you stand so that you can decide if you are actually leading her on or not.

5. spydur86

spydur86 New Member

Well, considering you guys have been dating for so long, I'm assuming you've at least toyed with the idea of marrying her. What's going to change in the event you two get married? Obviously you'll have a house together, but it sounds like you're basically living together right now anyway. Why do you feel that when you're married all the sudden you'll just be ready to fall asleep next to your SO every night and not feel smothered like you do right now? Just giving you some things to think about I guess. Personally, if I found someone I truly enjoyed being with, sleep beside them nightly wouldn't be an issue.

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

i recently choose to do just that. :)

7. Suffocation

Suffocation Guest

DOT.

8. giz

giz Active Member

:werd:

have been doing just this for the past 2 weeks. every night... it would be hard for me NOT to at this point.

9. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Might as well act as if you are married, or at the very least living together. Even though you are neither. Because not wanting to do so just proves you aren't ready for a serious relationship

:rolleyes:

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I do enjoy sleeping next to someone I care about, and would probably want to do it more then not. But I wouldn't want to do it EVERY night unless the situation forced it (like living together or marriage)

Though I'm the minority apparently :dunno:

11. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

yes. every day my bf and I talk about how bad we want that. to be able to go out and live our own lives during the day and come home to each other at night, and fall asleep together. there's a lot of subconscious bonding that goes along with sleeping together, and its an immensely comforting thing to us. of course, we're in the opposite situation of you...we've been long distance for 4 years and only get to sleep together once in a blue moon. but seriously, i would begin to question your relationship, unless its a 24/7/365 thing and she's not just there to sleep.

12. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Maybe I should've phrased that differently.

They are on two different levels in this relationship. He needs to decide if he's willing to go to her level or not.

13. Hunt

Hunt Active Member

Agreed. People also have to keep in mind that the OP is at school, where the largest bed is probably a twin. Sharing a twin bed, while enjoyable, is still pretty cramped and doesn't always lead to the best sleep.

Don't get me wrong though, i still love sleeping next to the gf.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah, aside from the times when I just want to stretch out.

So I'm assuming the question was "would you want to fall asleep with your SO every night in a sufficiently large bed?" :)

15. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

I would rather spend the night with him than not.

However, I do [as does he] think it's nice/healthy for us to have the occasional night alone. I'd say we spend 5-7 nights out of the week together. I sleep better with him, but it's nice to have that separation sometimes to look forward to sleeping with him the next night.

Plus, we always try to have at least one day a week where we'll go hang out with our separate friends without each other, so a lot of times we'll go have a good night apart, say goodnight to each other at the end of the night, and look forward to seeing each other the next day:wiggle:

I would have no problem transitioning into every night should it be a living together/marriage situation like XaPU!M said. I think that night apart is good for us more because sometimes it feels like/we practically are living together pretty much, and it's more of a mental thing to separate that we aren't, as opposed to "enjoying being away from each other" in and of itself :o

16. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Yes, I like it

Except in hot weather when you kind of stick together. 28C at night for the lock on that one

17. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:werd: Absolutely. Without question. Even when he snores all night. I'd rather be cuddled up under his arm than anywhere else. :o

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

God dammit man. You caved and got back together with her!? :uh:

19. Suffocation

Suffocation Guest

I don't know your situation, but beer's always fucking right (same w/ a few other OTers).

20. Suffocation

Suffocation Guest

Holding a girl to sleep > *. One time though I started to laugh when I got in rythm with my ex's breathing :rofl:

Btw, a black metal female?

21. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

What the fuck happened. Let's all do some remembering, shall we?
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3149212
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3570678
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3599741
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3883860
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3917725

I need answers before I go into how if you truly loved her you'd want to sleep with her every night. You'll never get married if you can't fathom sleeping with her every night now. Why the fuck (after apparently breaking up numerous times) would it work out now for good? :hsugh:

22. lauren

lauren Active Member

hand on butt ftw

23. Deckard

Deckard New Member

24. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

25. 1.8t

1.8t Member

Negative ghost rider. I toss and turn while I sleep and use every bit of my queen size bed. My g/f is much the same way. We would need at least a King size bed for either of us to get a decent nights rest sleeping together. I enjoy sleeping with her when I do, but 1 or 2 nights out of the week is the max I can do under the current circumstances...