If I had a gym, it would only have 4 rules

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Falconer, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If you violated one you would be put on 60 days warning. If you violated it again within that time you would have your membership terminated.

1. Take off the fucking weights when you are done. It's fucking awesome that you can bench 495lbs, but unrack your shit when you're done. If you're strong enough to bench a heavy weight, you're strong enough to put the weights back when you're done. This rule applies to all weights on all exercises, and dumbbells, which must be put back on the dumbell rack when you're done. Two exceptions to this rule:
    a) you can leave 135 on half of the bench presses. So if there are 4 bench press stations, and two of them just have empty bars, when you are done you can leave 135 on yours. If two of them already have 135 on them and are not in use, you have to put your weights back.
    b) same as above except for squat racks

2. No fucking cell phones. The exception to this rule is if you are a firefighter or EMT or police or something, and you have to show proof of employment once a month in order to be the exception. We don't need to hear "yeah brah, i'm at the gym. Nah dude, I'm doing bench press right now. Yeah, I totally fucked that bitch last night. Dude she was hot. Hang on I have to do another set." No. Your membership is revoked, fucker.

3. You may do one exercise in the squat racks, and I'll give you a hint; it's not fucking curls. There is one exception to this rule: If all of the squat racks are empty, you may do shrugs in one of them. This is because maybe you're a monster who can shrug more than you can deadlift up to shrugging position, and we wouldn't want anyone doing shrugs on a Smith Machine. This is to make sure that anyone who wants to do squats is able to and doesn't have to wait for your retarded ass to finish doing whatever the fuck you're doing in the squat rack that isn't squats. What? You only have 10 sets of curls left and then you'll be done and I can do squats? I don't think so. Say there are three squat racks. Say one of them is in use. You may not do shrugs in a squat rack.

Note about 3: there won't be a need to do deadlifts in the squat rack, because my gym will have deadlift platforms and bumper plates.

4. If you drop a dumbbell, that's a warning. Do it again and you're gone. If you can overhead press the 120lb dumbbells, you can fucking lower them slowly so you don't drop them on someone's foot. You're stronger on the eccentric part of the movement anyway, so there's no fucking way you can press them but not be able to lower them.

My gym would go out of business because it requires doing math, being considerate, and being responsible.

2. TZ

TZ Banned

allthatshitbyyou.jpeg

if I had a gym, it would only have one rule

SHUT UP AND SQUAT

3. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

ok then

4. Neo95gt

Neo95gt Guest

man you're so fucking hardcore

5. TZ

TZ Banned

oh and 2nd rule

SQUAT TILL YA PUKE

6. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

can't drop weights? what is this, planet fitness? yea i understand that you don't wanna be hurting anyone, but seriously, i think there should be more exceptions to that rule.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Propose more exceptions. I'm open to suggestions.

8. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Rule #4 is ridiculous.

9. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

my gym would have a 6'4 height restriction.

fucking giants

10. TZ

TZ Banned

:ugh2: discrimination

11. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I like PurEvl's idea. In the front of the gym theres a bench with 315 on it. If you can't bench it you can't lift there :p

12. ACLdestroyer

I would do the opposite. If youre not at least 6 foot then youre not a man anyway so stay the fuck out.

13. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

how many spotters do you get to help? :x:

14. TZ

TZ Banned

in :bowdown:

but actually it should be deadlift 500+, as that is probably the better test of overall body strength :hs:
    and then i'd be out :(

15. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

:gtfo:

real men are 5'11

16. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

I HATE it when people drop dumbells. My old gym would kick you out if you pulled that shit. If you can get them up.. you can put them down. Dropping them isn't just a safety hazard it also bends the dumbells and cause the bolts that hold the plates on to loosen up.

17. ACLdestroyer

I like this. unfortunately Im 15lbs short.

18. TZ

TZ Banned

:bowrofl:!!!!

19. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

I really don't have too, if i'm going to want to drop the weight because it's screwing up my shoulder or i feel an injury coming, and be afraid of getting a warning/suspension, forget it. That's ridiculous. Give some good reasons of why you shouldn't drop weights, besides injuring others (and most if not all people will be smart and do exercises such as those in a safer area) and hurting the equipment. That's not even good enough, equipment lasts a pretty long time. I'm not saying they should drop the weights 24/7, but if they do, don't even give them a warning, only start if you see them doing it a lot.

20. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

controlled drops > tearing your shoulders apart as to not upset the person 3 benches away

21. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

You should see the "big guys" in my gym. They grunt like crazy and drop the 60s from way up high. I dunno who they're trying to impress :ugh:

22. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

and what if i use my cellphone as my mp3 player?

23. TZ

TZ Banned

:werd:

sometimes i use my cellphone's timer , for an exercise such as planks I like to hold it for 30 seconds :bowdown:

24. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

wtf? you use your cell phone as an mp3 player but you can't take pictures/videos? LIAR!! :squint:

25. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.