if i got with an intel processor, should i go with intel mobo ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mr Bruce Wayne, Oct 12, 2006.

1. was thinking asus...

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Asus is a solid manufacturer; I'd rank them on par with intel's quality and above intel's features. However, since intel makes CPUs and chipsets, it would be best to get an intel chipset on your motherboard, regardless of who made the motherboard.

3. BOTLD92Z

BOTLD92Z OT Supporter

I agree. I built a couple of computers for my boss who is an Intel fan and the best results reliability wise were using Intel chips, regardless of the board manufacturer. We used an Intel board, and he sold that rig. Then I built another one and used an Asus board with an non-Intel chipset (been a while, I can't remember whose chipset) and he had intermittent issues. That board got fried by lightning and I recently put an Asus board with an Intel chipset into it after doing some reading and the reliability has gone up noticeably. I haven't heard him talk of any blue screens or wierd system issues in a while come to think of it.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I know plenty of people that used to use Asus and never had a problem till the last year or so. I don't remember what their specific issues were but they were saying it's the MB so perhaps Asus had a bad batch or something.

However if I were making the choice for my system, I'd go with Intel MB. I've just had too many problems with other MB MFGs.

5. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

I'm liking my Asus P5W64 WS Pro. It's a great board. It's a workstation board, but also overclocks very well. The 4 PCI-E slots is nice if you do stuff that requires alot of screens. Pricey though. $300.
    Depends really on what you want to do.

6. chipset is the cpu ?

whats teh best cpu out there right now and how much is it ? which is the best asus mobo for gaming + overclocking ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  7. is there anything better than the x6800 yet ?

this is a quote from newegg
    "If u want the best gaming machine on the planet wait till december and spend the same for 2 fx 74's that will blow this thing away by bout 30-50% it has a 90% increase in performance over the fx62 in 3dmark."

... does he mean buy two processors and have quad core? and will both of those together actually be the same price as the x6800?

8. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

QX6700 soon. :o

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Yes, nVidia has a new 7000-series GPU that is newer than the 6000-series GPU.