if i get hungry do i need to eat more

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 60druidgurubash, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 60druidgurubash

60druidgurubash OT Supporter

right now i eat 2400 calories non work out days and 2700 calories on work out days. im 155 lbs. i get hungry while at work. for breakfast and then 8 hours at work i take in about 1100 calories but i get hungry throughout the time at work. i was eating like 3200 calories before and hit 160 but i was gaining a lot of fat around my waist so im starting lower to try and gain as cleanly as possible now. i lost the weight when i went on vacation and being lazy after i got back from it.

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

this all depends on how clean you are (not) eating

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

What are your goals?

If you want to put on size, and you're only currently 155lbs then I would say to eat as often as you can. Gaining waist-line fat is a necessary evil of packing mass naturally. Just make sure you're eating clean, training hard, and all those calories are coming from proper macros.

If you're trying to get lean to stay "fit" you may want to stay away from eating those extra calories.

What is a typical diet like for you though? At 155lbs you shouldn't be putting on upwards of 15lbs of fat just from 3,000 cals a day. If those 3,000 were properly macro'd and you trained hard you should notice more muscle gain than fat gain.

4. 60druidgurubash

60druidgurubash OT Supporter

my goal is to bulk up to something...i dont know what. 180-190. and then cut down and stay at a leanish 170 or something. well i shouldnt say it was a lot of fat. i think fat tends to just concentrate on my waist since that seems to be what happens to my dad. i got noticeably bigger everywhere else. started at 138 lbs. my diet is like this

oatmeal with 1% milk and yogurt in morning
    peanut butter granola bar and 1 tbsp natural peanut butter for snack
    can of tuna and gatorade lunch
    after lunch snack banana and almonds
    protein shake, another post work out protein shake on workout days
    sweet potatos, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 6 egg whites before dinner snack
    typically dinner is chicken breast, baked beans, and veges.
    and then casein shake before bed
    the protein shakes are all with 1% milk

my other diet when i was eating more i ate a sprout wheat bagel with peanut butter on it instead of the granola bar and peanut butter and i took a smaller protein shake when i woke up as well. so overall fairly clean. i think the issue was i just started out eating so much when i was only 138 lbs.

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

That diet is not bad at all. I'm not sure how the macros add up (too lazy to enter it in) but it's mostly healthy fats and good carbs. I would add some more protein in at breakfast though. Especially if you worked out the day prior, your body wants protein in the morning after fasting for essentially, 8 hours +. Throw in a shake or some egg whites.

Here's the thing. You want to go from 155-180/190. That's 30lbs, on what I assume is going to be a natural body. Expect to put on some fat man. If you want to do some damage control maybe look into a bulking program that utilizes carb cycling.... That might help prevent too much bloat in the waist area.

Otherwise, expect to put on a good amount of fat if you want to gain 30lbs. The great part about it though is that you can shred that fat easily with a few months of dedication :bigthumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.