If cheating is such a horrible thing to do to someone...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by peoplescar, Sep 8, 2009.

1. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

why do so many people do it? this is a phenomenon that i cannot understand.

my gf tells me all the time about her friends cheating or getting cheated on and i know people who have been cheated on as well. If its such a horrible thing, why is it so common?

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

people=assholes

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Because people like to think that just because we are creatures that thrive and live in a society that we are no longer still animals. Though we are.

Same reason we steal, kill, cheat people out of money, etc, etc etc.

4. kiri

kiri New Member

people rationalize things in all kinds of ways... since when is everyone decent and kind?

5. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Oh, and though monogomy does exist in a few other places in the animal kingdom, it doesn't in any monkeys/apes that I know of. It's a human thing we created for some reason even though our basic instincts work against it.

6. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

I've looked into this and I've only come up with one 'serious' answer.

It comes down to being uphappy (obviously, shocker) and the actual word, "love".

People cheat cause they arent happy, obviously. But further more than that, why dont they break up, end the relationship, or speak before cheating is the bigger question. I've come to the conclusion that its due to LOVE.

My reasoning. When we arent happy in a relationship or situation, we do what we as human beings naturally do, look for nourishment/happiness elsewhere. After being accustom to a certain situation you get comfortable. After you get comfortable you get scared. Why/what are you afraid of? Change. 99% of the time people in relationships that cheat are LONG term relationships and are scared to leave that relationship. So instead, they'd rather go behind their SO's back instead of ending what they have. Why? Cause what else is there to do AFTER you cheat? Honestly. Most of these people dont cheat because they dont love/want their SO, they cheat cause of temptation. Cause their is more of a physical attraction. Its not as 'on the surface' as it appears when it comes to cheating, imo.

7. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

:werd:

The first thing I ask of a women when I'm in a relationship is, if they're going to cheat.. to LET ME KNOW! I won't be upset, or hurt. Just give me a pitty call and let me know you found a new dick and we'll leave it at that.

8. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Limerence.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  9. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

I think it is mostly due to complacentcy in a relationship. When a couple first gets together they are all lovey dovey, butterflys in the stomach and whips in the bedroom (if you are into that kind of thing). After a while things start to settle down and they realize that they can't stay up til 4am every night of the week and it's too expensive to go on weekend vacations every week.

The relationship starts to settle down and while the couple still LOVES eachother, they don't do things that cause excitement and stimulation.

Example: When a couple first gets together they flirt all the time, send eachother dirty text/picture messages, do naughty things in the bedroom, etc. After a while the dirty texts slow down or stop completely, the bedroom scene becomes PG13 and someone gets bored. Someone later run into a 3rd party that does that kind of this with them and then they go there for the excitement.

I think if couples made a better effort to keep the fire high and hot then there would be less cheating

10. themolsen

themolsen New Member

this. for fuck's sake just be HONEST about it and holler before you get to that point.

the unfortunate thing is most people don't know they're at that point until it happens. but there are still some cases where the SO feels like he/she is drifting away. then, you god damn better be honest and tell me this shit before you go an look for something elsewhere. and then, if you tell me, we can decide then and there: try to fix it and move on or realize it's a lost cause and split ways. that's too logical I guess....

fucking people

11. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

If a girl cheats on me I don't get mad I just drop her. No more contact and on to the next one. Its human nature to cheat

12. themolsen

themolsen New Member

yes and no, but it is more so for some people. I honestly don't see how it's that hard to control yourself when you love the person you're already with :ugh:

13. Vysion

Vysion New Member

L-i-m-e-r-e-n-c-e

14. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

/thread

Welcome back, fuckface. :wavey:

16. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

understood, but do you do it? you don't seem to think its that big of a deal. of course it depends on the length of the relationship as well.

17. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

:rofl: Sup homie

18. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

cheating is one of those things that you dont think about as much until after the fact, so its easy to just do the dirty deed and then realize its wrong afterwards when you feel guilty or get caught or whatever happens...its kind of like if you are fat and on a diet. someone offers you the most delicious looking piece of cake ever, you dont think about how bad it would be to scarf it down while its there in front of you as you do about how good it would taste in the moment.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Because people are selfish.
    Because people are hypocrites.

20. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Because sex is something about which people make impulse decisions.

21. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

yes but there's a thread that was just made a bout a guys friend who has been being cheated on for a while... she was doing it willingly.

22. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Pretty much this... I've always been such a staunch idealist, but lately my ideas about the world and everything else, including cheating have changed a bit.

23. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

Thought makes me sick.

24. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

I mean I hope my SO would have the balls to tell me if she felt like she needed/was going to cheat. I've told her to. But that's too easy. Still, though we are LDR now our relationship is still fairly fresh. We still have a lot of excitement to look forward to which helps. It's just hard because she's right in the middle of excitement and has to wait for me. We'll see.

25. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

ding ding ding

iwywb with the tko!