If car is slightly wet, and you apply wax, will it have an affect on the car?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jonari, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

I hope I didn't make it sound confusing or anything, but I was washing my car yesterday, and there were few droplets of water here and there. I was wondering if the water mixes with the wax, will there be a problem?

Also, if Scott or somebody else can tell me - what's the best wax to use for a black vehicle. I'm trying to do a project car for my business & going for the "Batman" theme look - so I want the best shine possible.

TIA

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

batman aye? post pics

3. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

The actual water itself shouldn't really hurt it... but I would be careful, any contamination in the water (hard water) you are scratching against the paint :noes: I would make sure it is dry before hand.

Lots of good stuff on black... VM/CMW, Souvern, OCW, AIO/#16 to name a couple.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I wouldn't worry much about a little bit of water, using a dampened foam hand pad often makes the wax go on a little easier.

I also wouldn't be as concerned about the wax you use as I would about making the paint as swirl and defect free as possible.

Maybe this will give you an idea. Optimum Polish and Clearkote Vanilla Moose using a Meguiars polishing pad, Red Machine Glaze with a blue Propel finishing pad, Pinnacle Souveran by hand.

[​IMG]

5. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

Scott, sorry to sound like an idiot - but I have no idea what you meant by the last sentence by all those products. Can I just use a regular wax towel to wax the car or do I need to get certain products to have the car swirl free?

Because currently, it does have several swirls on it. It really sucks. :hs:

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Read the stickies, that should point you in the right direction.

You can also download the ebook at http://autopia.org

7. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:werd: Proper prep is what makes a car look good more so than the LSP. The car will still look awful no matter what wax you use if you did not prep it properly.