MMA If Boxing

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by RMarks, Jul 22, 2007.

?

It would be more exciting

1. Agree

33 vote(s)
    82.5%
  2. Disagree

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. RMarks

RMarks New Member

went to MMA Gloves boxing would be a hell of a lot more exciting.

2. aaaaaa

aaaaaa OT Supporter

i voted agree, but i'm biased :hsughno:

3. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

boxing already has enough problems with fighters being messed up for life. No need to make the problem worse :dunno:

And I am not sure it would make it that much more exciteing. More brutal knockouts sure...

4. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

It'll be more exciting for sure but it'll also bring shorter careers.

5. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I don't think it would make the problems worse. Guys wouldn't be eating 200+ shots a night. They'd take those few heavy shots and they wouldn't be getting back up.

6. Two toys

Two toys New Member

the question is ridiculous.

it wouldn't be boxing if they used MMA gloves. it would be 2 strikers in an MMA match essentially, minus the kicks.

i think it would be a lot more boring, guys would be to worried about getting hit, it would completely change the fight style as well.

yes there would be more bloodshed, but if thats the reason you watch boxing, well I dont even know what to say to that.

7. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Did you watch the Hopkins vs Wright fight tonight? It was a fucking boring hugfest. How anybody could call that shit the sweet science needs to have their heads checked. Boxing needs to do something if they want to survive, I would've been fucking pissed if I actually paid to watch the fights tonight.

I don't watch boxing or mma for the bloodshed. MMA is exciting to watch no matter where it ends up. Boxing is Jab jab hug, rinse and repeat for 36 minutes.

8. Two toys

Two toys New Member

yes i saw the fight tonight and was very dissapointed.. however one fight doesnt make a sport....

i dont know if you saw the 2nd fight of the night, 12 rounds, white guy against an asian dude with bleached hair... that fight was fabulous.

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

it will turn into old school English boxing. the matches will become far more boring because the boxers are going to cover more dance more and will be afraid to go in. Thats one of the reasons they switched to gloves in the first place you got alot better fights when people wore them.

If anything needs to be changed its the time limits. the problem is when you have an outside fighter in the mix because they will drag the fight out for all 12 rounds and no one wants to see that shit. Thats one of the reasons i think the ufc is so popular. With 3 5 min rounds you can watch a 15 min fight because thats about the time the normal persons attention span shuts off. It would also force fighters to be more aggressive because if they lost the first round they have to win the secound and third round to win or try and get a knock out

10. Kozzy McKoz

Kozzy McKoz OT Supporter

If boxing became thai boxing it would be a lot better

11. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

first boxing needs to have more than one big fight per card.
    take and ounce or two off the gloves... sure why not. but no reason to go nuts and use a 4oz glove.
    insert a pride-like rule and penalize for excessive holding. that shit is ridiculous at heavyweight.

i would love to see an event that showcases top fights from the top 3 combat sports of muay thai, boxing, and mma.

12. The Ghost

The Ghost Pain for Love

True, they wouldnt be taking many shots but they would most likely suffer some serious facial trauma i.e. Broken jaws, noses, orbital sockets, severe concusions.

These injuries occur already with 8 and 10 ounce glove, but i couldnt imagine how bad they would be with 4 oz gloves.

13. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

2 guys on the Hopkins Wright undercard suffered brain bleeds this weekend, so smaller gloves would only make things much more dangerous.

14. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I agree that it would make it more exciting for the fans... albeit more dangerous for the fighters... Maybe if they somehow changed the rules to be more like a true form of "Ultimate Boxing", in which you didn't have things like a standing 8 count, etc....

15. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'd rather just watch MMA than Boxing with MMA gloves.

16. Optamix

Optamix New Member

With the smaller gloves they would have to do away with the standing 8 count.

IF they did that it would be safer.

And more exciting. One of the main reasons I hate watching boxing is because most fights go all 12 rounds. It gets kinda....borring.

MMA keeps peoples attention a lot better because the fights are changing quickly. I think this is another reason boxing only has one big card per fight. Because it will most likely last very long. MMA this isn't going to happen.

17. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

it's ok, I forsee mma absorbing boxing in the next few years

18. Two toys

Two toys New Member

you have no clue what you are talking about.. boxing is firmly rooted and isn't going anywhere.

although I agree a lot of the kids in the city who would have been training to be boxers mite be going to MMA gyms instead.

19. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

There would be way more cuts and broken hands, but probably not too many more knockouts.

20. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

blocking 4oz is much harder than blocking regulation boxing gloves.

there would be a lot mroe knockouts, and a lot mroe people going retarded from being KO'd 6 times in a fight./

21. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

boxing slowly dieing out pro wrestling and mma are yielding bigger turn outs then them. aside from that there arent that many big fights any more. Even worse there arent that many intertaining fighters any more. Everything about boxing is dooming it to failure

22. Two toys

Two toys New Member

absolutely incorrect. but whatever I'm obviously not going to sway your brain.

23. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

beside mayweather vs de la hoya what was the last biggest match that every one was talking about? de la hoya vs trinidad?

24. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

hahah i was just being a douche

25. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

Boxing is fine and won't be going away. Just because "everyone" isn't talking about certain fights doesn't mean that they aren't successful and drawing huge crowds.

There are alot of fights that boxing fans have been excited for and talking about. Just because the fairweather fans and mainstream media haven't been all over them doesn't mean boxing is losing steam.