if anyone can find this, i crown them internet search god.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by crotchfruit, Oct 15, 2003.

1. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

so for the longest time, my company has been using WinDriver (http://www.jungo.com) to do our windows device drivers. basically, WinDriver is a wrapper that allows you to do hardware I/O and interrupt handling without having to understand the windows kernel API.

the problem is that windriver is expensive and we want to get away from reliance on third-party tools. so.. i'm trying to figure out the kernel API.

i've figured out hardware I/O - there are very good, concise, examples of how to do this. but i've searched far and wide and can't find any simple examples for interrupt handling.

the best i have found was the sample code for the parallel port driver. the problem is that there is so much extra crap in that code i don't know what's necessary for interrupts and what is just for the parallel port.

so what i need is a completely stripped down source code example of a kernel device driver (for WinNT/2K/XP.. i.e. a .sys file) that implements only the most simple interrupt handler possible, e.g. an interrupt handler that just increments a counter a provides a hook for user-mode to read the counter.

it's so simple.. but i've looked everywhere and can't find this :(

anyone up for the challenge? :x: :x: :x:
  2. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest