MMA If any of you know any one that might be able to help....

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by VulgarTheClown, May 31, 2008.

1. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

this is a bulletin I posted on myspace...

Like I said I really wanna make this happen. I'm goin for the Hillary method but I unfortunately have no artistic ability so that blocks that off. :(

If any of you know people it would help greatly.

i'm an internet whore so plugging the companies wouldn't be a problem.

2. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

http://www.purgatoryathletics.com/ these guys were looking to sponsor fighters im pretty sure they will sponsor you I know a freind that I set up a deal through them and they bassically set it up as a win bonus if he won he got a couple hundread dollars

3. VulgarTheClown

Thats fine for fights, but I'm talkin travel/hotel/entry fee on tournies right now. Its a ton cheaper but i can't compete then pay to enter if i win you know?

Besides, on a sponsorship you're reppin their gear, its not an Oh if I win I'll wear it. their shit goes on my website, my shirt, my shorts etc... so they get free advertising in case of a loss? Doesn't sound right to me. Sponsorships help everyone not just 1 side.

4. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Ok sponsors want value for money if you are going this route how do you give them this value for money? Value for money means getting their logo/name/product seen by as many potential customers as possible.

1. Youre an internet whore
    2. You train at ATT
    3. from memory you are decent with a video cam and editing

The events themselves have minimal coverage for a sponsor you need to exploit the Internet.

My proposal is start a site with a
    - training/competition log
    - make a few training/highlight/instructional videos
    - Get some biggish names from ATT in some of these videos name drop (for search engine traffic)
    - spam the videos on forums
    = Ideally Id make some videos of your preperation for your next fight (The reality TV contender-TUF-All Access style, this should appeal to even very casual MMA fans.

Then using the doing it tough trying to follow your dream angle then chuck a support me page with paypal donation button and a contact page. Then once you get the site rolling use it as something to approach potential sponsors.

I can help out with anything web technical you need a hand with and host it all for you want. Best of luck with it.

5. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

You know you can hit me up if you need me to build you another marketing packet.

6. Titus

Titus New Member

I agree with 2ofdem, you need to offer them more than just wearing a shirt and putting a logo up on a page that most likely doesn't get too much traffic if you really want some sponsors.

7. VulgarTheClown

You sayin I'm not good enough!?!?! My looks aren't debonair enough?

8. VulgarTheClown

Excellent ideas thank you.

But how am I gonna go to JZ, or someone "Hey wanna be my tech dummy for this video?"

Then again I know the Millers are planning to make a tech library that they invited me to get in on maybe I can do it with them...

Strangely as it seems, there is a regular at my bar who makes indy films and he was asking me if next time i get a fight he can follow me around with a cam and tape my existance..

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

lol the movie will be called vulgar