IE6 freeze msconfig question ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Beezure, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

alright lately when i try to download a vid or something i freezes 65 percent of the time, happens more if 2 or 3 things are downloading , also i notice that i get alot of popups !!!

sometimes when i load a page it gets stuck even though everything has loaded up on the page, it is still trying to load something.

i ran all updates, computer has virus software !!!

also what is the 2000 version of MSCONFIG ?

i have alot of junk in the startup in system information !!!

any help

thanks

2. Mikey D

Mikey D New Member

3. ins0mniiac

ins0mniiac Extremely Large Gold Member OT Supporter

Make sure you're antivirus is also updated.

For the msconfig in win2k:

Go to start -> programs -> administrative tools -> computer management. In the Computer Management program, click the + by Services and Applications. Double click on Services. This a list of every registered application/service that is launched on win2k startup (and more besides).

Or, download a utility called StartupCPL [http://www.jsifaq.com/subf/tip2600/rh2620.htm]. Allows you to adjust programs starting up from all the usual places in the registry. Similar to msconfig but suppose to be better.

What I also recommend is go to www.downloads.com and search for "ad-aware". Install and update that then run it. Have it scan for any spyware that may slow down your computer.

In my opinion the google toolbar is the best and easiest popup stopper. You can get the toolbar @ http://toolbar.google.com/

Goodluck man.

4. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

try deleting your IE temp. file cache. when that gets full, IE does some fucked up shit.

5. ins0mniiac

ins0mniiac Extremely Large Gold Member OT Supporter

easier way to clean out crap that gathers on yoru computer with internet use is to go to downloads.com and look up windowwasher.