IE/Advant Keeps shutting down?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DatacomGuy, Dec 7, 2004.

1. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I have a user here at my office that is using Advant browser, although that really doesn't pertain to the problem considering it happens to both Advant and IE..

Whenever she goes to a website, the website will completely load, and then the browser will close by itself. Doesn't matter the website (although it doesn't happen with Google). I scanned for spyware and malware, and I scanned for viruses...and nothing.

Thoughts?

2. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

3. intrktevo

intrktevo New Member

4. DatacomGuy

That's great. Mozilla is beautiful.

Doesn't resolve this problem. Not supposed to use anything on the network but IE.. she's lucky to not have been 'caught' using Advant.. Corp IT is pretty strict.

5. Apothis

Apothis New Member

As far as I'm concerned, if she could get away with avant, she could get away with FF. But anyway, try uninstalling and reinstalling IE if you can't find any spyware/viruses whatsoever. Might wanna uninstall avant while you're at it.

6. DatacomGuy

Did that. Uninstalled AV, reinstalled.. upgraded IE and her machine is all up to date with windows updates..

7. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

It's amazing how most of you think that simply switching browsers will fix all web browser problems :rolleyes:

Have you tried to reset the web settings in IE? What spyware programs did you use? I personally have seen Adaware to work the best.

It sure does sound like spyware though... Good luck.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:werd: Even if you switch to another browser, that doesn't fix the problems with IE (and the rest of the machine).

Spyware was written for IE because that's what the majority use... Same with apple and viruses... Why write a virus for something no one uses? Exactly. As soon as you are all comfortable with FF, guess what? Spyware is coming your way. People that write viruses and spyware are electronic terrorists -- and they, like all other terrorists, will do what they can to affect the biggest audience. Whatever is the majority will be what is affected.