GUN IDPA March 08' Match Videos

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Mar 16, 2008.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

I hung up my XD to get ready for the up and coming Single Stack championship later this month. Shot my new Springfield Loaded Target 9mm in ESP division of IDPA.

I took 1st place in all of ESP division, and 3rd place in match overall totals from 60 shooters today. Not bad of a start for the Springer, already racking up some wins. :naughty:

My little brother took 1st in his Class, 3rd in SSP overall, and 7th in match overall totals.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uimFTP6ksNQ

2. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

:cool: videos as always...

Two questions:
    Since you reload, do you walk around the course after each round and pick up all your brass? :o

How do the timers work? I understand you go on the beep, but how does the timer get stopped? If the stoppage is done by human operation, there could easily be some discrepancies in the times..especially since I've seen some that are very close (<1 second). :o

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

Surprisingly, I haven't had to brass hoard in a while. I've been fortunate enough to have people just give me brass since they know I reload. (cool peeps) I have probably 15k rounds of brass in my garage, so I'm okay for a little while. I spend most of my time, helping score, running the timer or recording my matches as well as others.

But yeah, through out the match your allowed to pick up brass as long as you aren't in the way.

When the timer beeps, it starts the timer, it records all of your shots, the split times, number of shots, etc. The timer stops recording time after the last shot is fired. So your time stops after your last shot.

4. sneakyjesus

sneakyjesus New Member

baller dude, Nice shootin and thanks for the video!

5. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

Is that another Bladetech holester?

What type of camera are you guys using?

6. texchef

texchef Guest

How much was that 9mm 1911? I had a guy at my local quote me almost $1100. Said they are not much in demand so price jumps. He would have to order it.

BTW, just waiting onmy CR Speedbelt then I'll hit my first match. :wiggle:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  7. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

I also noticed you didn't have any jams this week. Did you change your ammo recipe or work on the gun/mags?

8. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Thanks for that, I always wondered.

9. AB13

AB13 New Member

I found an ammo recipe that seems to work, we'll see. It's always a challenge every time I get a new gun to find an ammo formula that works. Part of the fun in gun loading, testing is trying various loads. :)

Holster is a Blade Tech. Camera is a Panasonic 30gb HDD.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  10. AB13

AB13 New Member

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

Hey, no problem. I wondered the same thing for a long time before I asked. :o

12. AB13

AB13 New Member

it was $1100 and change OTD. There may not be a big demand there, but that's not the case overall. On the Springer forums, there are plenty of people unable to find them. It's one of the ultimate gamer guns out there.

If I didn't get one, I would have bought a STI Trojan. I'll still probably buy a Trojan shortly anyhow. :o

13. texchef

texchef Guest

[​IMG]

OOOOHHHHHHH....daddy like.

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

It'll be a while till I dip into the open camp. it's mostly for the older guys up here. And if I do, I'm doing a full custom.

15. texchef

texchef Guest

Explain a full custom. That STI looks pretty damned custom to me.

16. AB13

AB13 New Member

full custom is when I buy the frame, slide, trigger group, etc in parts and have it all sent to my gunsmith. At which point he assembles, mills, etc for me. Custom means it's hand fitted to my specs. There are several things you can do that don't come already done even with STI guns. Just based purely off preference.