SRS IDK where I'm going, and if it's too late

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chucklenut, Mar 16, 2008.

1. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

I'm almost 18, and i feel like im in deep shit. i graduated HS but im doing nothing with my life. i just got my drivers license yesterday, and lately my buddy have been hanging out a lot with our dealer (who used to be our old homey anyway). we've been talking about buying a gun from him because people tried to break into my buddy's house. we buy a lot of illegal substances and use them. i drive my dealer around when he needs a ride, and all that does is further his trust in me. i feel like sooner or later something big will come up that he will ask me to do, and because he's hooked me up countless times, i definately owe him.

i have a shitty job at dominos, and i dont even get 20 hours a week because the store is so low. when im not at work, im on the computer or hanging out with criminals. i used to be a juvenile, but ive somewhat turned around.

i want to have a good life but i also want to live how i am now, hangin with my buddies and my dealer, getting shit done, going to insanely large parties at my dealers house every saturday night....its what i like to do.....but i dont think i'll get anywhere doing it.

with no money for college, and no special skills to get a better job, how the fuck do you get what you need?

i kinda feel trapped....

2. Ammonation

Ammonation New Member

First off, taken out some student loans. Go to a community college for a couple of years, and work your ass off and get good grades. From there, transfer to a better university and continue to stay on top of your grades.

Your going to have to change your life style completely. Moving to another town isn't a bed idea either. Get a fresh start. There are better jobs out there then domino's my friend. Get a job at a restaurant. Go valet, its a great cash job.

You're going to have to make a clean break from these friends you have, because they are only bringing you down with them. If all esle fails, look into joining the military. You can join say the Air Force or Navy and be trained for jobs other than combat. After for years of touring the world, you will leave with money in your pocket, an education or specialty, and will be able to land a good job.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It's pretty obvious while your life is shitty. But you're the only one who can fix it. You can make excuses all you want that it'll be hard to get out of your situation, but the more willpower you use the sooner you can be in a life you can actually be proud of.

4. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

lol i did that til i turned 18.... then i got lucky and made the choice to goto a colllege out of town

TC you have 3 options 1) grow out of it, now 2) get arrested someday and never be able to get a good job due to being a felon 3) turn 24 and realize those great parties dont exist any more 4) die.

those are the 4 things that will end up happening in your life if you dont put down the needle/pipe/bong/whatever

5. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

moving out of town and getting a job like valet sounds like a good start, but where do you get the money?

6. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Bro listen -

I smoke tree's just like you do. I chill with some friends who sell shit, too. The difference between them and you is where YOU draw YOUR line.

Have I ever drove my boy to drop something off? Sure.
    Have I ever did him a favor? Sure
    Has he ever just picked me up and smoked a L with me on the bubble? Sure

BUT, you need to know that YOU are NOT THE dealer, he is. Don't wait for this "big-break" of him moving 20 plates and you getting a cut on it, it's not going to happen.

You need to disconnect yourself with certain scenarios (not so much people) that isn't benefitting you. Get to a CC, get a better job, and just keep your head up.

Weed isn't going to control your life unless you let it.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

By stopping yourself from wasting it on drugs for starters...

8. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

thats comforting to hear. i guess that's it, im not going to get into it like he is then :hsd: just chill with him

9. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

i dont spend even half my money on bud

10. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I never understood the "Things just aren't happening for me" mentality. This post is going to sound like a bunch of bragging, but I'm trying to give an example.

I just turned 21, only 3 years older than you... Out of high school, I joined the Marines, got medically discharged two years later, came home and got a job at a welding shop. I learned and practice as much as I could and became a very good welder, now I'm making $20/hour (which is awesome in my low cost of living area), I own my home, I drive a pretty decent 02' Trans Am ws6, I am a full-time student (I don't pay a dime. I have a pell grant that actually pays ME $900 each semester), ANNNDDD I pay $350/month in child support. I don't really go to any big parties or anything; I throw them at MY house.

Now let me ask you this.....Of all of the things about my life I listed, why can't you accomplish similar things? What makes me, or any other guy doing well so different? If other people can do it, why can't you?

You can try to come up with answers or excuses all day long, but there is only one answer: Because I decide to. I am determined in my mind to do well and to keep trying to do better.

Whenever you finally make that decision, you'll do fine. Plenty of other people are...

11. iwishyouwerebeer

How about stop spending any of it on bud....:hsugh:

This isn't quantum physics. You are doing absolutely nothing to better your life, therefore you can just stay in that situation until you learn to make sacrifices.

12. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

it's the only hobby i have and my buddy and his famlily do it all the time just to hang out

nothign else really interests me

13. iwishyouwerebeer

So, other than smoking pot you have nothing else to live for?

14. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

I have 2 relatives who were labeled as felons on their 18th birthdays. They kept getting into so much trouble before they were 18. The were repeat offenders and the judge was so sick of having them in his court that he ordered that if they screwed up again that all charges be held until they were 18. Sure enough they laughed it off and went right out and got into trouble again. And the judge kept his word. These relatives are going to be 23 and 24 this year when their birthdays roll around.

Guess what happens when you are a felon:

-you can't get any decent job
    (without a job, you have no means to further your credit or ability to finance homes and cars and other items)
    -you can't rent an apartment (alot of places here won't rent to felons)
    -you can't join the military
    -you can't enjoy the many other benefits that clean cut citzens enjoy

I don't even want to know what the credit scores of these guys are, if they even have one to speak of :ugh: To this day, all they do is hang out, do drugs, steal, vandalize, drive like bats outta hell on the road, and hang out some more. They lie so much they believe their own lies.

It's not too late, yet to clean up your act. Please don't let yourself become like these 2 relatives of mine :hs:

15. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

What are the names of your 2 relatives? im in mesa and i think ive met them on mill ave

16. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

not at all, i just cannot find anything more entertaining that pot that i can afford and do as often. when i have nothing to do, i get into trouble, so i just chill and smoke with my freinds and stay out of it.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

So what do you have to live for? What hobbies do you like that you don't seem to think you can afford?

18. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:werd:
    Anthony Robbins is famous for saying, "Our destiny is shaped in our moments of decision". I totally agree.

If you want money to move, how about working more than 20 hours a week. Shit when I was your age, I worked 2 jobs. I busted my ass and always had cash....it was fucking awesome.

I'd give anything for those days of youth when I was lean and mean and racking in the dough. Sadly those days are gone but I learned a very valuable lesson back then....even with as much money as I was making, it was nothing compared to what I make now.

My step dad said it best, "Your brains will always make you more money than your brawn."

19. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

i've always wanted to go dirtbiking, my dad is ok with that but my mom barely just let me get my license, she worries about me way too much, and thats my fault, but i cant think of anything else id want to do. i dont even know what kind of career i want because i want to fix the inside of computers (like the motherboard, ect) but no comm. colleges that i look up have those types of classes.

so i pretty much dont have anything to "live for" if thats what your saying, but im not suicidal.

basically my mom wouldnt let me do that until i wasnt living in the same house, and unless i move in with my friends, i dont have anywhere to move into. and if i move in with my friends, i have to start helping them out with certain shit im not so comfortable with

20. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

none of the places near me except dominos are/were hiring. in fact, i applied at the one near my house but another one 3 miles away hired me.....so until recently i was walking 6 miles when i had to go to work. im not going to fucking go farther than that on foot, and i dont have a car until after 5 30 pm because my mother and sister use it too.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

I think if you mom doesn't care or is oblivious to your far worse lifestyle she will overlook you wanting to ride dirtbikes.

I'm wth Cootie though. Start working more hours or find a new job, that would be my very first initiative. At 16 I was working 30 hours. It was a shitty job, but it made me good money that I ended up saving for things I deemed important, say a dirtbike?

BTW, dirtbiking it awesome.

22. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Buy a bicycle. Look you want out of your present life? Make it happen.

23. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Nothing is too late, ever. Sometimes, there is backtracking involved... but there are things in life that are worth the extra time and struggle. I suggest you figure out where you'd like to see yourself in 10 years, and start those basic steps in order for YOU to make that happen.
    Be it:
    Community College -> 4 Year...
    Job -> Manager...

Some have to take a alternate route even when things are just working... remember it's a struggle for everyone. Just know AT THIS POINT where things are, you AREN'T happy. Take that, and turn it into your desire to be where you aren't.

Remember that things change along the way. But there's a difference between change and backtracking. Community college is a great place to start. It's inexpensive, even if you have to work a dead end job for 1 year to save for it. Great place to start. You have to take a broad array of classes the first semester... use that to your advantage.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
  24. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

YOu tell me what you think their names are :fawk: :)

25. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Word.

Not only could you get to work in like 15 minutes, which isn't much faster than in a car, but you would be getting exercise. Getting in great shape is something to live for, so theres your start.

I help my best friend with his yard work quite a bit. I help him move stuff, mow his yard, and a lot of other stuff. Every once in a while, I'll call him and ask him to come help me with something. 99% of the time, he comes up with reasons of why he can't help out.

A few days ago, at 10am, I asked him "Hey man, can you come help me install my new floor? It would get done fast with your help." --- Of course, he had to help his Mom shovel her driveway among many other things. At around 1pm I called him and said "Hey man, screw my floor, these two girls want to drink with us tonight and they want to meet right now." His answer? "Sweet! I'll be right there!"

The point I'm trying to make is it seems like you can come up with all kinds of reasons to not do something you dread, but I'm sure the second something comes up that you enjoy, you would work your hardest to find a solution. Every problem has a solution, so start looking for it.