GUN Identifcatin when purchasing guns... Quick help needed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bigsnake, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

A friend went to purchase a Glock today and he renewed his driver's licenses a year ago. They send you a little sticker and he put it on the back but the experation date numbers are not visible so they wouldn't even run the background check on him...

Is there any other methods of identification he can use that would work? I'm not sure what state law requires. Was wondering if the license in combination with something else would work like Social Security Card or something? He's wanting to buy it this weekend to get the tax break and won't be able to get to a DMV for a new license.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dunno what your local state laws are, NY you need a state id card (license or nonlicense NY ID card) Perhaps a passport would work? :dunno: www.packing.org

3. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

tell him to toss his license, call the DMV, and say he lost it.. pays like $20 for a new one, badda bing

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: I dont understand the sticker thing, in NY when you renew your license you get a new one, you never put any stickers on your license :dunno:

5. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

It keeps you from having to go into the DMV. You pay renewal, they send you a sticker.

But the stickers they send all suck... His is the 4th person I know that's had the numbers rub off. One friend the bouncer wouldn't let him into a bar because of it. :mamoru:

6. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i had to do something similar when i bought my glock. i had moved and my address was not the same. had to spend 2 days getting a new drivers license

7. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

DMVs in PA are open on Saturdays/Sundays?

He was wanting to take advantage of the tax break this weekend.

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

maybe on saturdays.. its a bitch trying to find a phone number, might as well go check it out